Dr. John Secoy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 29th, 2016
Dr. Secoy has been treating my husband for chronic pain for many years now. Over the last several years my husband has become increasingly addicted to the pain medication prescribed. He has had several surgeries over the last few years and been prescribed pain medication by other doctors as well. I spoke to Dr. Secoy's office about my concerns with multiple prescriptions, and in some cases duplicated with meds prescribed by Dr. Secoy. Thereby allowing my husband to stock pile meds. The office did not seem overly concerned with my opinion. I do not feel that my husband's addiction is of any concern of Dr. Secoy's just as long as the doctor receives payments for the monthly office visits. I am disgusted by the lack of professionalism in detecting addicted patients.

November 29th, 2016

October 26th, 2012
Patient for 14 years.
Excellent Caring & Ethical, Pain ManagementMD. The very best in Northern, NJ.

June 13th, 2012
Unprofessional Staff, Unreasonable Policies
Last week I called Dr. Secoy's office re: treatment for 4 bad cervical vertebrae & spoke to a woman who took my information (name, address, ph#) & requested that I have my latest MRIs faxed there for the Dr. to look over in order to decide if he would take the case or not(FYI he charges $300 cash/check non-negotiable if he isn't in your insurance plan). I was told he would call me either way. He never did, & upon arriving at the the office today, the day of my appt., I was told that neither I nor my appt. was in their computers, that none of the 3 MRIs I had faxed last week had made it over & that the Dr's policy was not to treat family members (a relative of mine was seeing him up until today). This man was glowingly recommended by my neurologist of 11 years & I was completely let down. I believe that at least some of what I was told by the staff today were lies & I will dissuade anyone I know who needs pain management from going to him. It's not worth the aggravation, especially when your in excruciating pain to begin with.

October 13th, 2011
A good listener
Fist off- I came to my appt 2 hours early in error- but they still took me in, with a very short wait! I have been to several Pain Mgmt Dr's in the past. He was the first one to really listen to everything I had to say. He spent a LOT of time with me going over all of my symptoms. I was in the process of getting a dx for a rare condition, and when I tell a Dr about it, they usually tell me its not that. Dr. Secoy gave me no indication that he doubted the dx. Since my first visit with Dr Secoy, I received the confirmation I had been waiting for. I did have this condition. I plan on continuing the relationship.

May 6th, 2011
Patient
Dr Secoy and his whole staff is very professional. He is a wonderful doctor, he does what he needs to do with expertise and ease, but he also makes yo ...