Dr. John Sefter DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 8th, 2016
back problems
Dr. Sefter is a very caring doctor that has an awesome bedside manner. He really takes the time to listen to each of his patients. He did my back surgery and improve my way of living immensely. I highly recommend him. The staff in his office are very nice also.

July 16th, 2012
GREAT spine surgeon
I have had 2 lower back surgeries & Dr. Sefter did both of them. He phoned me at home the night before my surgery to see how I was feeling and that he'd see me in the morning. He REALLY knows the spine and is an excellent surgeon. With that said, he is a little quirky and will ramble on about non-relevant topics. If you need surgery on your spine - Dr. Sefter is definitely the guy to perform it!!

September 22nd, 2011
Everything I wanted in a doctor
I needed lower back surgery to relieve a bulging disc pressing on a nerve bundle. The office staff got me in for an emergency visit, Dr. Sefter discussed and explained my situation and surgery was scheduled. He is extremely caring and supportive and I was out of pain immediately after surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon, or a nicer, more professional doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Sefter, and I appreciate all he did for me.

February 25th, 2011
Do not waste your time
I was seen for the first 10 minutes in exam room, after waiting in exam room for at least 20- and then sent for x-rays. Meanwhile the dr. goes in with anohter patient and I wait another 25 minutes sitting in exam room. His demeanor was one of the strangest I have ever experienced. He did not stick to the topic and uses "sexist" comments. I was very dis-satisfied with my expense and visit here !!!

February 8th, 2011
I was diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis at age 11 with a double major curve. My pediatrician gave me a referral to Dr. Sefter, as he was close to my house. I, still being a young child, was terrified of what was going on - I didn't understand what scoliosis was. When I first went, I had a long wait time before a nurse took my vitals and led me to the room. She was extremely rude and unprofessional. Sefter was awkward and didn't know how to work with children. It was a very uncomfortable situation. At the time, my curves were minor, the top curve about 30 degrees, the bottom around 26. Between my first appointment with him and the time he suggested a follow up, my curves jumped into the 50's and 60's range. I started developing cardiac, musculoskeletal, and neurological problems, as well as pinched nerves from the scoliosis. It was then that my pediatrician recommended I see another specialist. I am now at Hopkins, in a back brace, and feeling a lot better. I'm really glad I do not have to follow up with Dr. Sefter.

September 8th, 2010
mbarnettb
very profesional

April 28th, 2010
Dr Sefter, and his staff were extremely helpful. I was very scared and nervous because my first visit involved my cervical spine. However, a year later I know I made the right decision. Dr Sefters surgical skills are excellent. And his personality, and faith in God are what makes his the caring doctor he is.

July 31st, 2008
Dr. Sefter
Although I feel he was an excellent surgeon he spent a LOT of time during my visits discussing his faith in GOD and about the "caring" yet never seemed to listen to me about my concerns. And he would often tell me what was going on with a patient in the next room, is that ethical? If you want an excellent surgeon he's your guy..if you want great follow up..he's not.

January 12th, 2017