Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

9834 Genesee Ave
Ste 228
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-824-1703
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Kudzu.
 |  Owner real Estate Investing Co.  |  show details
by william m hughes jr on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Serocki was a very knowledgeable an caring and understanding physician I met last week, 2/14. he was patient with me and gave me great advice. he went out of his way to try and help me and I would like to thank him personally here and now. it is very encouraging the manner in which he operates and tells you the truth about your condition, a great Doctor

|  Dr. Seroki is an excellent physician  |  show details
by Dan B. on Jan 30th, 2014

On my first visit Dr. Serocki advised me straight away that the physical therapy that I had been receiving had reached the limit of its benefit. He then refereed me to an excellent neurologist who used unique diagnostic testing to correctly diagnose the nerve damage that was the cause of my condition. I had a different concern a couple years later and he correctly diagnosed my problem as an issue that would heal on its own. Top notch Doctor, and a nice guy.

|  Didn't feel comfortable  |  show details
by Ileen on Oct 23rd, 2013

Dr didn't bother to exam the injury — It was a vary confusing appointment. We waited in the lobby for 2 hours In the exam room for 30 min He left 3 times Took on phone call Didn't discus the injury in detail. He abrutly left the exam room and asked an person outside the how long was that. She replied 30 minutes. Our private dr recommended surgery after a consult with a specialist. He was told it was the result of a work injury (reported to his employer) My husbands work comp insurance recommend Dr Serokie. Dr Serokie said no surgery was recommend. My husband is in a lot of pain sleepless nights do to pain and was given the opt to take pain medication until the surgery. Because of Dr Serokie (later learned not a specialist in that body part) denied surgery my husband is totally miserable and addicted to pain medications. Per the specialist (2nd) fallow up visit. It's an easy fix. Dr Serokie is not well respected as a patient advocate. He works for employers not patients. His job help employers pass the medical care responsibility to anyone else. The patient becomes a victim of the system.

|  He didn't seem to care  |  show details
by Debbie on Jul 29th, 2013

My dr was really concerned about the pain I have in my neck down to my hands. Sent me to serokie via a workcomp agreement? Serokie was seemed board not present. As if what ever I had to say didn't matter. I later found out why he disregarded my drs opinion and wrote a report that befitted the insurance company 100% not addressed any of my life limiting issues. Creepy I would not recommend him

|  Beware  |  show details
by Very Sad on Jun 6th, 2013

I had great respect for Dr Serocki. Up until he completely let me down with workers comp. Very sad.

|  Fire Fighter /EMT /Rescue /Community Volunteer  |  show details
by A. Freeman on Jan 22nd, 2013

I have found John Serokie to be a true life insurance advocate. what does that mean for anyone needing professional care. You wont get it. How he has 20 like on his scripps page is not to be believed unless of course each insurance adjuster has liked him. stay away from this dr and the ones he groups with. you will be given half what you need and a 1/4 of what you deserve. I have 23 years working with sell outs like him. If you love yourself find another dr and grouping

|  Rating includeing treatment by office staff  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

The clinical care I received from Dr. Serocki was fine. My overall experience, from making the appointment to paying the bill was terrible. First off, he has multiple offices with different insurance coverages. I got his name from my insurance company, but evidently saw him in an office not covered by my insurance. In trying to understand why his visit went towards my deductible and why I had to pay more than my co-pay, I was accused of refusing to pay my bill, threatened with being sent to the bill collector, and having a credit report filed stating I refused to pay my bill. I asked to speak with Dr. Serocki and was told he'd call me back. Ten days later I called to see when he was going to call me, and I was told he doesn't speak to patients about administrative and billing issues. No one told me he would not be calling me back! Bottom line: be sure about your insurance coverage! You sign a form before he will see you stating you will pay whatever they charge if your insurance coverage does not cover the visit.

|  Poor experience with office staff  |  show details
by willa fields at Citysearch on May 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

The clinical care I received from Dr. Serocki was fine. My overall experience, from making the appointment to paying the bill was terrible. First off, he has multiple offices with different insurance coverages. I got his name from my insurance company, but evidently saw him in an office not covered by my insurance. In trying to understand why his visit went towards my deductible and why I had to pay more than my co-pay, I was accused of refusing to pay my bill, threatened with being sent to the bill collector, and having a credit report filed stating I refused to pay my bill. I asked to speak with Dr. Serocki and was told he`d call me back. Ten days later I called to see when he was going to call me, and I was told he doesn`t speak to patients about administrative and billing issues. No one told me he would not be calling me back! Bottom line be sure about your insurance coverage! You sign a form before he will see you stating you will pay whatever they charge if your insurance coverage does not cover the visit.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Dr. Seroki is an excellent doctor  |  show details
by Paul Thompson on Mar 21st, 2009

I tore a biceps tendon in a workman's comp case. Dr. Serocki described options I had, including doing nothing. I wanted it repaired so he immediately got the ball rolling. I had total confidence in him and he went over my MRI images with me. His staff was excellent and you get your own TV to watch while waiting. Both he and the anesthesiologist called me the next day. I had very little pain afterwards. He is a great doctor.

|  Great Dr.  |  show details
by password123 on Aug 5th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I broke my foot at work I was sent to Dr. Serocki. He and his staff are so comforting. I really felt like he knew what he was doing. If you ever need a orthopedic surgeon look him up.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com