Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Shanley
Dr. John Shanley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Zurich, IL, with another office in Arlington Heights, IL. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Shanley is affiliated with Advocate Trinity Hospital, University of Illinois Hospital and University of Chicago Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Shanley has the following 4 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress,...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
Dr. John Shanley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Zurich, IL.
Dr. Ghousia Wajida
Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
Lake Zurich, IL 0 mi16
Dr. Shira Osher
Lake Zurich, IL 0 mi7
Dr. Ronny Tschokonte
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine
Lake Zurich, IL 0 mi15