A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Shapiro is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Shapiro practice?
Dr. John Shapiro practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Reading, PA.
See Reading Internists, Reading Critical Care Practitioners, Reading Pulmonologists, and Reading Obstetricians & Gynecologists.