A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Shapiro is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Shapiro MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John A. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. John Shapiro has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Shapiro practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Reading, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Tamaqua, PA.
See Reading Internists, Reading Pulmonologists, and Reading Critical Care Practitioners.