Dr. John Sistrunk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Sistrunk?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. John Sistrunk?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 11th, 2016

Dr. Sistrunk is a great doctor and is highly recommended by those at MD Anderson. The office staff, however, is the meanest in the world. They are very rude and have no compassion for patients. I am surprised that Dr. Sistrunk would keep such rude people. They should quit their job and let some one have it that needes a job/.

January 5th, 2016

My appointment with Dr. Sistrunk was a complete waste of time and money. I felt like he didn't take me seriously and was uninterested in what I had to say. I don't appreciate the way he belittled me and passed judgment on me for taking diet pills. He wanted to do nothing but attribute all of my symptoms to weight and a lack of exercise, which isn't even a real cause for many of my symptoms. He also ended the appointment making remarks about me taking "speed" like I was some sort of drug addict. On top of everything else, he didn't check my T3 or antibodies and failed to do a thyroid scan. I feel like he passed judgment prematurely then didn't want to do everything he could to help me get answers to what was causing my symptoms. Aside from that, he couldn't give me any direct answers on what else could be causing my symptoms so I would know what other avenues to explore.

September 7th, 2015

the man was rude and obnoxious. the absolute worst bedside manner with patients I have ever encountered.

March 16th, 2015

worst doctor ever

As a veteran I found his opinions of my service to country highly offensive and his wanting to refer me for domestic violence I do not suffer from and mental help deeply insulting. Just because someone has seen combat does mean they are in need of mental help or are crazy. I asked for medical help with a physical illness, not a dissertation on my veteran status.

February 14th, 2014

I saw 7 specialists over the course of 2 years. None of them could figure out was going on with me. Dr. Sistrunk found the problem with the first ultrasound (2nd visit). I have incredibly high standards for physicians for which I do not apologize. Dr. Sistrunk exceeds them. Contrary to what one reviewer posted, he is a native Jacksonian. He comes from a family of local physicians. Because of the complexity of my disease, HE wanted me to get a 2nd opinion. I really appreciate a doctor who is governed by care for his patients over his own ego. ALL of my doctors at MD Anderson knew and greatly respected Dr. Sistrunk. He also teaches the course on thyroid ultrasound at physicians' conferences. There is NO other endocrinologist I would see in Mississippi. In fact, I've seen a lot of them and could give you a laundry list of problems. I will concede that he is not emotional nor affectionate. But he is compassionate, thorough, and brilliant.

February 7th, 2014

If only Dr. Woody Sistrunk could have Hashimoto's disease and hypothyroidism for just only one year then maybe he would HEAR what his patients are trying to tell him and he might be half the man and doctor he thinks he is.

July 12th, 2013

Horrible dr

My daughter went to see him and with thyroid antibodies that were over 5 times normal levels and a goiter plus every symptom of hypothyroidism.he refused to try medications based solely on "numbers" on blood test. Told her to see a psychiatric and get an antidepressant instead of treating hypothyroidism that was causing depression. Horrible dr for women and especially a woman who wants to ask questions about her treatment and not just blindly follow his advice.

June 26th, 2013

Does NOT Listen to Patients

I felt that he completely trivialized my concerns about the side effects to the medications I am currently taking. I'm currently trying to find someone else to get a second opinion, because I don't trust Dr. Sistrunk after my last experience.

May 23rd, 2012

This doctor is excellent he saved my life. I went to another doctor and he diagnosed me wrong. I had to call and call to get an appointment. He is the best thyroid doctor in the world.

February 16th, 2011

Great!

You can tell this is not a Southern man, but a very smart one. He's a little different but I fully trust this brilliant doctor! He really cares about every aspect of your life. I like that he dictates his letters right infront of you. His staff is the best of anywhere i've been!! Any nurse who can take my blood and I don't pass out is a winner in my book!

April 1st, 2010

Very professional & thorough.

November 11th, 2009

Hurtle Cell Cancer

I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Sistrunk. He has been great with giving information about the cancer, treatment options, continuing health care and support. He ineracts with other physicians for a total care environment with all health needs.