Dr. John Sklar MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Fort Worth, TX

1.8

January 19th, 2017
JERK
WORKERS COMP DR HE GAVE HIS OPINION BY LOOKING AT THE FLOOR ABD NOT ME AFTER ABOUT 10 mins. AFTER ALMOST 20 PLUS YEARS IN PAIN AND ALREADY DECLARED PERM DISABELED WITH SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN FULL BODY HE SAID I HAD A MINOR STRAIN!! HE IS SEVERLY OVER WEIGHT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN MEDICATIONS AND IS RUDE AND ITS CLEAR HE IS PAID TO BY WORKERS COMP TO GIVE HIS OPINION IN THEIR FAVOR!! HE IS A DISGRACE!!!

June 14th, 2016
Workers comp dr
Like everyone has said he works for the Workers Comp People he's a very heavy set man did not get up to greet me or my hubby nor acknowledge us really. Even took a phone call during the long 15 min we had a phone soliciter so it was very important. Lol. I was sent to him after 23 yrs of being perm disabled for a IME for the crooks Sedgewick CMS a third party company taking care of Kaisers W/C. Any way he barely look up at me from the paper he was writing on asked me a few questions about my injury, surgeries meds ect. Had me walk three steps one way and back the office was very tiny Had me bend my neck side to side and turn it side to side felt a few places on my body and that was it 15 mins all done 23 yrs and several surgeries a pain pump a stemulator and he took 15 mins to write his opinion Have no idea what he will say but I can guess after reading the reviews on here!!! Like someone said tape your visit with him

December 13th, 2015
teacher
Like others have said, probably paid by the insurance company. He drove from Dallas to Houston. Huge man, didn't (or couldn't) even tie his shoes. Total waste of time. I asked if he had looked at my MRI, he said he had it. Definately audio tape your exam with him on your phone!

October 21st, 2015
Very unprofessional
Zero stars was not a possible rating, so Dr. Sklar gets a single star. Some years ago I saw Dr. Sklar in Fort Worth for chronic pain in my neck. He was the third physician I had consulted about unexplained chronic neck pain. He determined that nothing was really terribly wrong with my neck. Actually it turns out that he was correct in his diagnosis. Dr. Sklar often referred to his own physical condition (he was morbidly obese) during my appointments, and I thought this was very unprofessional; certainly having him reference his own serious health issue during my appointment was pretty irrelevant and inconsiderate. Knowing that I had previously suffered from depression, he declared that I was depressed (yes, chronic pain can be very depressing) and prescribed the antidepressant Effexor. This was a huge mistake. Some weeks later I experienced a serious side effect of the drug Effexor. The side effect was tardive dyskinesia. When I suddenly quit taking the drug and told him the reason why, he claimed to be completely unfamiliar with the side effect I mentioned. "None of my other patients have complained about it". A serious gap in knowledge for a doctor prescribing very serious drugs. For a short while, over a period of a few months, I innocently put my life in his hands, but I would never again be his patient. He was unprofessional and unknowledgeable. Dangerous guy!

March 10th, 2014
this is not a Dr of medicine or a back specialist.... THIS IS A SETUP!
Before attending John Sklar office i called a month before to make sure that the office had all my up to date M.R.I and present doctor information and they didn't have it so then i knew this was just another way to stop my benefits. well upon my visit with sklar, remind you me being the only patience there it took thirty minute, then when he came in he was very unprofessional and then had me walk on my heels, then my toes, and had me try and bend my back then i told sklar that i have the cd on my m.r.i and he said he didn't need it then told me he would send me something in the mail in two weeks.

January 3rd, 2014
Poor excuse for a Dr.
I was sent to Dr. Sklar by DoL Workman Comp ostensibly for a second opinion on trigger point injections which they argued were not related to my original back injury and the subsequent four back surgeries, but rather was a second injury to the right hip unrelated to the back. The appointment started almost an hour late because Dr. Sklar drove in to Austin for the appointment and arrived late. From the start he was opinionated and rude and lacked in tact and bedside manner. He was extremely opinionated and demeaning regarding the care my Pain Specialist has provided. He did not listen to what I told him regarding my symptoms and his report reflected this. His bias where narcotic use was concerned was obvious and his answer to my pain was "a home exercise program" (which I am already doing by swimming 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. three times per week) and "over the counter medications." This man attended a University in New York which ranks 57 of 144 in research, has below average scores (5.3 compared to the national average of 10), and he has 13 of 15 negative reviews on this website. He is associated with 16 hospitals for goodness sake. There is no way any sane doctor could maintain a practice where he is constantly running from hospital to hospital AND traveling all across Texas to give medical second opinions for Workers Comp. He may have 24 years as a doctor, but he obviously has nothing but contempt for those he treats or maybe he saves that for all those Workman Comp opinions he gives. As a master's prepared RN I have interacted with a lot of doctors and he is by far one of the least compassionate and caring doctors I have had occasion to interact with! My opinion of him is that he lacks empathy and is a poor excuse for a doctor. He should take his own advice and start a home exercise program since his approximately 6 ft. 5 inch frame can barely carry the 400-500 pounds he has put on it! It might improve his disposition!

July 14th, 2013
Workers Comp Doctor!
This man is a joke! He performed a peer review (never saw the patient) and gave a horrible medical review. These comp doctors will say whatever for a paycheck. They do not care about the patient and the pain that is being endured. He is not a believer in pain medicine; home therapy should be the prescription! Yeah right!

March 3rd, 2013
He will ruin your life
I have chronic pain and disabilities from a work injury. This guy has the nerve to go against what three other doctors have diagnosed. Needless to say, this has opened up a can of worms with the insurance company and thanks to him, my benefits have been cut off. I am now told that I need to file an appeal with workers comp. to try to get them back. How can this be legal? He is VERY overweight as others have said and obviously knows nothing about exercise or rehab, so why would they even listen to him? I just want to cry.

March 29th, 2012
migraine
went to several doctors with no help.i wont take pain pills. dr. sklar really helped me.i once thought this was voodoo witch craft now i highly recamend acc.and this doc.

May 28th, 2011
one sick puppy
for one thing he is no doctor he is one sick puppy owned by the inc. company the staff was also sick they need help ..w.comp.really did a good job they have no heart are filling .he did not even examine me .just look down and said your not hurt and sent me home.I still cant walk and I never got any help at all.but one day he well get his.

March 22nd, 2011
Misrepresents himself as Pain Management, but is PM & R (Rehab specialist)
TWCC sent me to him for an RME. I waited approx 90 min, for "Dr." Sklar; & I was the 1st appt. He did not apologize (I took off from work), did not introduce himself, & did not fully examine me. I thought he was extremely unprofessional. My father was a surgeon, & practiced medicine > 50 yrs, & I have been a RN 30 + yrs. Due to "Dr." Sklar's report to the insurance company, they discontinued payment for the medications I was prescribed. I had a Lumbar fusion approx 5 yrs ago. He also misrepresents himself as a "Pain Management Specialist," when he is a PM & R (Rehab Specialist) Neither is he "board certified" in pain management. I would NEVER see this "physician," again. He is a disgrace to the profession. It's "doctors" like him, that make TX Worker's Comp such a nightmare to deal with!

March 12th, 2010
A good Doctor
I am very happy with Dr. Sklar and his staff. They have gone ot of their way to ensure that I get the help I need. The receptionist even came in on her time to get me my prescriptions on one occasion when the Doctors vehicle broke down.