Dr. John Skouge Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Skouge?

Posted on July 13th, 2015

Very understanding, surgery went very well, worked directly with the doctor.

Posted on October 2nd, 2013

Office was clean. Procedure went well. Billing dept (Jen). Horrible. She was harsh, not friendly. Would not let me finish a sentence. She was abrupt and treated me like I was the enemy. If I had talked with her first I would never have gone to this facility.!!! There are other physicians who the staff treats you in a professional manner this became a very very bad experience for me because of her

Posted on September 20th, 2011

Dr Skouge was my father's skin doctor for many years. He removed several basal cells from my father's face and did an excellent job. I have had 2 basal cells removed (1 from forehead and 1 from nose). I am very pleased with the professionalism of his staff and the honest and courteous manner of Dr Skouge himself. I would highly recommend him to friends and family.

good experience with the doc

Posted on August 7th, 2011

Overall i would say that Dr. Skouge is a highly professional MOHS surgeon. I am completely satisfied with my MOHS surgery. The doctor is a nice man and easy to converse with and his nursing staff is very friendly and competent. All of this was very comfortable and made me feel confident in them and the procedure that i had. What may need improvement is a friendlier front desk. It is a shame that my first time there i was not greeted in any way and stood there feeling uncomfortable while a staff member waited waited for me to speak. Not a feeling anyone wants and then add the reasons why i was there - cancer and surgery - and a bit of a nice hello and how are you and how may i help you would have been a good thing. Front desk work is sooo important - i've been there myself - and the staff that works on improving the friendly environment towards the customer is absolutely paramount. If I were Dr. Skouge I would absolutely want to address front desk deportment as skill work that is reviewed and learned as with any other ongoing education. Don't let my single and initial experience at the front desk stop you from going to Dr. Skouge. He is the best.

Happy with Dr Skouge as an employee and patient of his!!!!

Posted on September 27th, 2010

So disappointing to read some negative reviews of a man I have worked for over 13 years. He has treated his patients always with care, treating his devoted staff the same way. We have only treated patients with skin cancer for over 10 years now, so a few reviews of cosmetic procedures or transplants were never patients in this office. Our policy has always been to see patients on time, which he does. PLease evaluate the doctor you choose to see based on your opinion of him, not a negative comment by someone on the internet. Clearly personnal comments come from an immaturecharacter flaw in someone, please move on. All of his employees have worked with him and his office manager for years, and remain working here happily.

I thought procedure was overpriced

Posted on May 3rd, 2010

I'm in Maryland for business on contract for the next 6 months. I asked someone for a recommendation to have some cosmetic procedure touch ups while I am out of town. A woman in my office mentioned this clinic. I was surprised they charge the same for procedures as my docs office in LA but I scheduled an appointment anyway. When I arrived, the office has almost a baron feel. The staff is somewhat abrupt. The doc seemed to know what he was doing but he is no doctor 90210. I was suspicious since syringes weren't filled while I was in the room which is a big no no in Los Angeles. Overall the procedure went well but I feel I was shorted on the product and the results weren't nearly as good as those back home. Average experience.

Office manager is rude, doc is OK

Posted on November 29th, 2009

The office staff is totally rude. I had some issues come up with my insurance and had to speak to the office manager. I thought she was a totally unprofessional cow and it was pretty obvious she the docs wife that is riding the coat tails or her husbands practice. She was a total cow and she used numerous grammatical errors in my conversation with her. The doc was OK but I wondered if he was in the closet.

Posted on July 12th, 2016