Dr. John Sledge MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

October 11th, 2016
Treated lower than a piece of dirt
Very unfriendly no bedside maner is in this for the money as long as workers Comp was paying it was fine for 2 1/2 yrs he did 4 surgerys on last one the biggest the back surgery on the second bust workers comp decided they weren't going to pay for any more visits & to settle biggest commotion after everything was said & done I was asked to pay out of pocket / that he just wouldn't see me at all cause he didn't except Humana at all which I had spoken to my ins and made arrangements for him to get on board with as a special exception and I was told a flat out no. & that I had to find another orthopedic surgeon and they weren't going to help me to find another dr.

August 31st, 2015
Love this doctor
I found this to be and excellent, compassionate doctor who truly wants to make.you well. I have suffered with nerve damage crom.donating a kidney and he figured out where the pain is coming from and how to fix it. I trust him implicitly. The staff are all sweet and helpful.

May 29th, 2015
Scheduling is a joke, I'm a current patient and had a new injury, it will take them a month before I can even be seen. Nicole with scheduling has a chip on her shoulder as well and questions things that do not have anything to do with her job.

May 19th, 2015
Taking a chance with jeckal and hyde
Presentation is well meet with first visit. Beware afterward-you will be dealing with a totally different person. Will not discuss options with you, but will arrange an aggressive approach and if you ask question why, eyebraws are raised. I cannot feel comfortable with this doctor. Also, appointments can and will be canceled upon your arrival, with staff saying they informed you. And lastly, when you have a procedure planned or being performed good luck on him coming by before going in. There is much more that I should state, but I'm too tired to go on. PA are better to get your point across and help with relief.

December 22nd, 2014
The ten second doctor
I was there for my appointment at 8:30. His nurse came in gave me a shot in shoulder. The doctor walked in with papers for physical therapy. Didn't ask any questions. I saw him for a total of ten seconds. I didn't leave office until noon. It was like being at a charity clinic. He made me feel like he could care less. Like I was one of a hundred patients he needed to see that day. He didn't give me options like other doctors. He never even called me by my right name. It's all a money scam. He wants pt for a while. If it doesn't work. He's going to operate. Then do pt again. Why not get the surgery over with and then pt. they don't care. They're not the ones in agony. It's all about the benjamins

July 19th, 2014
Don't ever go see this Dr. The other good reviews must have been done by his Mommy or Wife!
He is the WORST SURGEON/HUMAN BEING! Oh he's nice at 1st but once he has you sign that contract he's a totally different man! I really don't see how he sleeps at night! He will leave you in horrific pain! He's a liar and a fake!! If you read this to check him out before you see him. Fair warning!!! DONT!!! He does not care or listen to his patients!!!!!

October 22nd, 2013
Patient
Dr Sledge is one of the most qualified, professionals in the field of orthopedic medicine. He is considered an expert in his field and highly regarded by his piers. I have been a patient of Dr. Sledge's and highly recommend his services if needed.

March 9th, 2011
I really like Dr. Sledge
I am a person with chronic and debilitating pain. Dr. Sledge has such an amazing understanding of chronic pain and what we go through to find help. My only meeting with Dr. Sledge was a great experience. I found him to be pleasant, professional, caring and one who LISTENS! Thank you Dr. Sledge. I look forward to having you on my team.M. Duffy

December 9th, 2010
Dr. Sledge is often very unprofessional & discourteous to many of his peers. He has been known to threaten his staff in the operating room. I cannot imagine how he can concentrate on performing surgeries when he is so focused on belittling those who work with him.