Dr. John Smoot MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Austin, TX

May 26th, 2016
WORST EVER
We were trying to get my 87 year old mother's ankle surgery set up. It was one screw up after another. First, Dr. Smoot made no arragemebts for rehab after the surgery. I had to pitch a fit before they agreed to set it up for rehab after surgery. Then, the frustration of trying to call the office for simple questions and being on hold for 30 min, leaving messages that were never returned, causing me to have to go in person to the office. However, even when I did that, no one could be bothered to see me. Finally I got a call from the office--but it was to ask about a $50 bill. I told her about it all, and she said she would page Dr. Smoot right away, and to expect a call that day. Smoot never called. Smoot's office called again, to schedule a pre-op visit. I told them that we were set up for a pre-op at the hospital, and they told me it would be at their office, not the hospital. After the office pre-op, the hospital called and asked why we had not shown up for the pre-op. I went down in person again, and demanded to know why they gave me this misinformation. Big shrug. Finally, we went for the surgery. However, when we arrived at the hospital, we were told that the surgery was canceled. No one even bothered to call us. I had arranged to take the whole day off from work. My advice, go somewhere else. We will have the surgery done by a surgeon at Medical Park Tower Orthpedics, Dr. Malone Hill.

April 13th, 2016
Dr Smoot is brilliant, compassionate and genuine. He is incredibly precise with my ankle replacement and excellent with my encouragement. Mike is also wonderful at getting on my level and helping me through the pain and lengthly recovery. It's not fun, but with these experts, you can regain use of your ankle and bring healing into your life.