Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Experience!  |  show details
by Carol C. on Oct 9th, 2014

I would like to say that I am a big fan of the Snead Eye Group. Most recently I’ve had cataract surgery actually in both eyes, and it has 100% liberated my life. Without the Snead Eye Group, I would not be able to do what I’m able to do on an active basis.

|  choose another if you want followup  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2014

Operated on both eyes for cataracts. Never saw him again after initial consultation while conscious, Retina was torn during procedure but never offered to see me, all followup done by optometrist and paraprofessionals. The place is run like a factory, patient in patient out. He will not speak to you even when complications arise- only gives referrals to another surgeon but will not even check up on you afterwards.

|  Never again  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Dr Snead removed my chalazion (bump on eyelid)with local anesthesia, which did not fully take effect. It was the most excruciating experience in my life, an easy 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. I griped the chair, all my body muscles were contracting, tears rolled down my eyes and I involuntarily said the F and G.D. words. I managed to keep my head still but the couple of minutes felt like forever. This was all after I told the staff that I had anxiety and was afraid of the procedure. He never asked if I was feeling it when he took his scalpel to me. Dr. Snead- never again.

|  Amazing Professionalism  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

Dr. Snead and his staff are courteous and very knowledgeable. All of my questions were answered and I left the office completely satisfied after my appointment.

|  Dr. Snead  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2011

I had 2 cirguries on my eyes with Dr. Snead and I am very very happy with them

|  Run away  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

I had cataract surgery and lid surgery unhappy with the results. When I complained he ask me for my drivers license and said it was there before surgery. When I got more upset, he said he will send me for a brain scan as there could be something else.... he scared the living ... that is is his usual lines of defense...he used exactly the same wording with my husband when he complained.If he gives you the same line the this guy is bad as it gets.

|  Eye Lid Surgery  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

If you want an uneven, non-aesthetic surgery, maybe he's the one for you. He did my surgery for sagging eyelids and one of my eyes droops lower than the other. A deep line has been produced next to my right eye, and he left almost as much skin on each lid as I had to begin with. I will need another surgery, but my insurance won't cover it since they already paid for the surgery with Dr. Snead. The procedure was assembly-line at best. I would never recommend him to a friend, family or stranger. When I went in to show my dissatisfaction with the right lid, he quickly took a photo, tape-recorded a dismissal of my complaint and tried to cover in case of future complaints. That's what I get for taking a referral from a Sears doctor.

|  Not going back  |  show details
May 8th, 2009

Waited too long and too little time with the doctor. He wanted to focus on sometihing else not me.

|  Use the wrong implanted lens in my eye.  |  show details
by Unhappy in Fort Myers on Oct 28th, 2008

I went to Dr. Snead who advised I had cataracts. I elected to pay $4000 for upgraded lenses that should pretty much insure that I would never need to wear glasses again. Well immediately folling the surgery ( and since) my distance vision in my right eye is 20/100. This means I must wear contacts or glasses. When I tried to discuss this problem with Dr. Snead he said and I quote " If you want that lens removed, you will have to go to another doctor." He offered no remedy to correct it. When I ran to another doctor, he avised that the lens prescriotion that was used was incorrect and that is why my vision was not good.Dr. Snead is like a cataract factory. In and out with no real regard for his patients.He is uncaring and unreponsive and evidetally not very careful. DO NOT have this man touch your valuable eyes.