Dr. John Snead MD Patient Reviews

3.4

December 13th, 2016
RN
I have insurance that has to be precerted which I did. Dr Snead is in network. They asked for a $2100 deposit which I gave them. When I got the explaination of benefits form my insurance the negotiated rate was $763 for surg and $639 for Dr which means they owe me around $700 which they are refusing to pay. They have now blocked my number and will not talk to me. I am an RN and work in insurance. This is fraud. The nurse also had trouble starting my IV prior to my procedure and said Dr Snead starts cutting before the patient is asleep if the IV can't be started in time.

May 19th, 2015
NOT FOR THE INSURED!
After being assured that I could use my VSP insurance, and paying the $10 copay under my plan, I received a large bill in the mail. No covered prescription, no glasses or contacts covered by my plan, just an invoice for over $ 150, payable by me! I had to go elsewhere for my new prescription and glasses using my optical insurance. What a waste of time and money.

April 1st, 2015
I am very pleased with my cataract surgery results

March 10th, 2015
Thank you Dr. John Snead!
My husband Frederick was fortunate for having been referred to your office to have cataracts removed from both eyes. We would be remiss if we failed to acknowledge not only you, but your entire staff for the respect and care that was given to him. At our age we have had many experiences in Doctor’s offices and we must tell you that your group is the most efficient one that we have ever been in. Not only the time spent, but the attention given to us.

January 20th, 2015
I received great care from Dr. Snead and his staff.

December 3rd, 2014
Thank you!
I want to thank you for taking care of my recent cataract surgery. I am very happy with the outcome. What a pleasure it is to see all the images and colors so much more vividly. I also want to commend you on your personnel. Everyone from the initial visit in Naples, receptionist at the surgery center and those preparing me for my surgery was very professional. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone.

October 9th, 2014
Great Experience!
I would like to say that I am a big fan of the Snead Eye Group. Most recently I’ve had cataract surgery actually in both eyes, and it has 100% liberated my life. Without the Snead Eye Group, I would not be able to do what I’m able to do on an active basis.

January 21st, 2014
choose another if you want followup
Operated on both eyes for cataracts. Never saw him again after initial consultation while conscious, Retina was torn during procedure but never offered to see me, all followup done by optometrist and paraprofessionals. The place is run like a factory, patient in patient out. He will not speak to you even when complications arise- only gives referrals to another surgeon but will not even check up on you afterwards.

September 17th, 2012
Never again
Dr Snead removed my chalazion (bump on eyelid)with local anesthesia, which did not fully take effect. It was the most excruciating experience in my life, an easy 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. I griped the chair, all my body muscles were contracting, tears rolled down my eyes and I involuntarily said the F and G.D. words. I managed to keep my head still but the couple of minutes felt like forever. This was all after I told the staff that I had anxiety and was afraid of the procedure. He never asked if I was feeling it when he took his scalpel to me. Dr. Snead- never again.

June 11th, 2012
Amazing Professionalism
Dr. Snead and his staff are courteous and very knowledgeable. All of my questions were answered and I left the office completely satisfied after my appointment.

November 27th, 2011
Dr. Snead
I had 2 cirguries on my eyes with Dr. Snead and I am very very happy with them

June 4th, 2011
Run away
I had cataract surgery and lid surgery unhappy with the results. When I complained he ask me for my drivers license and said it was there before surgery. When I got more upset, he said he will send me for a brain scan as there could be something else.... he scared the living ... that is is his usual lines of defense...he used exactly the same wording with my husband when he complained.If he gives you the same line the this guy is bad as it gets.