A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Sommer, MD is board certified in Urology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including General Urology Oncology / Cancer, Kidney Disease, and Urology, Prostate.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Sommer graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.More Education & Awards
Dr. Sommer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Corning Hospital
- Robert Packer Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sommer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 26 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 7 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 9 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 10 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Sommer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John T. Sommer practice?
Dr. John Sommer practices Urology and Surgery near Sayre, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Corning, NY and West Chester, PA.
See Sayre Urologists and Sayre Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Sommer, Dr. Deshawn Sommer, Dr. Jan Sommer, Dr. Hank Sommer, Dr. Shayne Sommer, Dr. Shane Sommer, Dr. Jackie Sommer, Dr. Giovanni Sommer