A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Sorenson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Sorenson, Retina Specialist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sorenson
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Sorenson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Sorenson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Angioid Streaks
- Choroid Diseases
- Choroidal Neovascularization
- Degenerative Myopia
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Epiretinal Membrane
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Edema
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Detachment surgery (Scleral Buckling)
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Neovascularization
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Sorenson graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Sorenson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Sorenson MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Sorenson practice?
- Dr. John Sorenson has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Sorenson practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.