A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Sorenson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Sorenson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Sorenson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Choroid Diseases
- Choroidal Neovascularization
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Neovascularization
Education & Awards
Dr. Sorenson graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Sorenson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Sorenson MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Sorenson practice?
- Dr. John Sorenson has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Sorenson practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Jamaica Plain, MA and Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.