A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Southerland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Southerland is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Southerland
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Southerland Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Southerland, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Southerland graduated from Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland, Dublin. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Southerland has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Christian Southerland MD is a male Internist, has 16 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John C. Southerland practice?
- Dr. John Southerland has 1 office location.
Dr. John Southerland practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Internists and Sarasota Gastroenterologists.