Dr. John Southerland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Southerland?

September 21st, 2017

Not the Doctor he once was!

Dr.Southerland advised me to continue taking a "step" medication which I experienced,& reported an adverse intolerance/syndrome. The day I started APRISO, I became deathly ill. Prior to taking APRISO I was healthy, kayaking a few days earlier. I suffered for 20 days, called 14x pleading for an emergency appt. He did not return one call. This neglect resulted in 26 days- hospital & emergency surgery, due to a perforated colon. I almost died. My records are inaccurate & false. Medical Negligence!

March 17th, 2017

highly disappointed

I have severe U.C, he diagnosed me and for every flare he'd always put me on prednisone, causing sever depression, and now have osteoporosis, never gave me more treatment options, never listened to me as a patient, I usually always saw his PA which I love but him as a DR I rarely saw. I switched Gi asap.

June 17th, 2016

The best and brightest gastro Dr in town. He never makes you feel rushed, hurried, listens, never trivializes. He thinks through everything and is n incredible diagnostician.

February 26th, 2016

One of the kindest, most considerate, compassionate and just nicest doctors I have ever met. I am an R.N graduate of the Mass. General Hospital, so I know of what I speak. I highly recommend him.

May 9th, 2015

Dr. Southerland is so kind and his bedside manner is amazing. My first colonoscopy ever and he was the best along with the hospital staff he works with at SMHS. His office staff could be a little nicer, but better than most. Good luck getting an appointment, he is that good!

April 15th, 2015

What happened to ability to follow through?

I have never had to deal with such ineptness in a doctor's support staff.

March 2nd, 2015

Excellent! Committed to being part of the solution in Medicine

Wonderful man, kind, caring and knowledgeable. Listens. What more could you ask for?

October 31st, 2014

Don't have anything done until Billing is clarified

Dr. Southerland is excellent but his billing department fails the grade. I decided not to continue with him because his billing could not/ would not tell me how much my costs will be. Don't get caught by them!

December 6th, 2013

crem de la crem

I haven't seen him in a couple of years but he is tops. He is smart, lets you speak and actually listens. Great sense of humor if you need that. I will always see him as long as I am no more than a couple hours away. I have things wrong with me that is gastro but is caused from an autoimmune disease. So there is not much that can be done other then meds for lupus. He is great with colonoscopies and you don't even remember a thing! Pain and fear free. wish nothing but the best for Dr Southerland.

May 23rd, 2012

2 weeks after procedure and no follow up with results

December 22nd, 2011

Office staff in inept.

September 21st, 2011

I had fear of seeing a gastroenterlogist based on a very bad experience with another local doctor. Dr.S. put all my fears to rest and made me feel absolutlely comfortable in my appointments. So happy I have found a doc I can put my trust back in.