Dr. John Stecklow MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

January 22nd, 2016
I love Dr. Stecklow! I have been taking my son to him since he was born and he is now almost 3 years old. Dr. Stecklow is always very thorough and always plays with him, every time we visit. As a new mom, he has never made me feel dumb when I bring my child in with concerns.

September 10th, 2015
Fantastic doctor!
Dr. Stecklow is an amazing doctor and a really good person. He takes the time to figure out what is going on with the kids and he develops a connection with them as well, always speaking to them and asking about school, etc. Both of my kids adore him and I know I can always count on him to get to the bottom of whatever is going on when the kids are sick.

June 19th, 2014
THE BEST...New Staff too
We love Dr. Stecklow. He has great bed side mannor. He came to see us all three days we were in the hospital. He is funny and is able to communicate in a way that is easy for new mothers who may be frazzled to understand. He is calm and watches situations that may need further treatment but does not scare you prematurely. He is all around a great doctor.

September 24th, 2012
Love Dr Stecklow!
My son is three and Dr Stecklow has been his doctor since birth. I absolutely LOVE this office! The staff is friendly and Dr Stecklow is the absolute best with our son. He is funny and has a great demeanor, which helps keep my son at ease during appointments. He truly cares and takes the time to talk through any questions I may have. I've recommended him in the past and will continue to do so!

August 13th, 2012
excellent!
I have told everyone I know about Dr. Stecklow. I have never had to wait longer than five minutes for our appt. Dr. Stecklow himself will occasionally answer the phone in the mornings or sometimes even come call for your child in the waiting room. He is timely and explains everything. He is also funny with my kids. My 2 year old loves going to see "Dr. Sterklow." Seriously, he's the best!!

October 5th, 2011
Great doctor for my baby girl!
We love Dr. Stecklow! I don't think I've ever waited more than 10 minutes to get in to an appointment. I always arrive about 10 minutes early and they usually get me right in. The office is decorated with colorful, themed rooms, to keep kids entertained. Dr. Stecklow is always very thorough and makes sure he answers all my questions and concerns. He is very quick and to the point ( still very friendly ) but at the same time he doesn't just rush out without addressing the purpose of the appointment-I hope that makes sense! When my baby girl gets her shots they do it quickly that way she doesn't have time to get more anxious, etc. We are very pleased with the Dr. we chose to care for our baby.

June 6th, 2011
Great doc!
Hardly any wait time in the office any time I go...but still quality care and attention from the doc!

November 9th, 2009
Love Dr. Stecklow and Teresa and Jennifer. OFFICE MANAGER IS TERRIBLE
I have taken my children to Dr. Stecklow for 9 years. My children absolutely love him. He is a great doctor. However, his office manager is a terrible woman. I called to make an appointment with him when my son was sick about 2 months ago and was told that I had a balance on my account that hadn't been paid and had been sent to a collection agency so they could no longer see my children anymore. I was astounded. Not only did I not know that I had a balance, but my son has asthma and needs refills on his medications regularly. There was no talking to this woman. She was rude and hateful. The reason I had a balance that I didn't know of was because my ex-husband had let my kids insurance lapse unknown to me and this created the balance. I offered to pay what was owed as soon as I could and would that make it possible to see the Dr. again. She said I would have to pay the balance but they would never see my kids again. So my son and daughter were left with no Doctor and no way to refill my son's asthma medicine. I am greatly disappointed with the way this was handled. I never received a bill concerning this balance and have yet to receive one. I have checked to make sure they have my correct address and they do. But still no bills from the office. It is heartbreaking that I cant take my children to the doctor they love and have trusted for all of their lives. But like I said there is no talking to this woman.