Dr. John Stern MD Patient Reviews

September 17th, 2012
Dr. Stern was thoughtful and fully focused on my daughter and her issues. he was comprehensive, and compassionate. this is an excellent doctor in every possible way.

July 4th, 2012
the greatest neurologist around!
He has been my dr for around 5 years and has always been right on diafnosing everything I've experienced. He is extremely concerned with all of my symptoms (even if they fall outside his specialty). If he's unable to contact me, he always makes sure his nurse follows up with me. He's is very sympathetic and caring. A genius I am my opinion.

June 19th, 2011
Good Doctor - working at UCLA (poor infrastructure)
Dr. Stern is a good doctor. Direct, to the point and with my particular case of epilepsy he was able to get me on a regimen of meds that worked and had a low degree of side effects. Summia, his patient coordinator is excellent. She seems to return e-mails and phone calls in 24 hours or less and more often returns my e-mails same day. UCLA has an infrastructure problem that in many ways can make good doctors and good patient coordinators look bad...know this going in. Also know that there are bad doctors and patient coordinators at UCLA...Just not Dr. Stern.

June 3rd, 2011
Incompetent Staff
There is something wrong with this doctor's staff. Without hesitation, Samaya is the least professional human being I've ever dealt with. She is rude and hesitant to give out appointments. I'm sorry, but when I'm calling because I've had multiple seizures in the last two months while Dr. Stern has been "AWAY" I expect a return call. It took my assistants leaving 10 messages over the span of 2 weeks to get her to call back and give us availability. It is entirely unacceptable.

August 4th, 2008
the best dr. i know
i never met such a caring dr. he is always there for you and give you the right answer.