Dr. John Stoughton MD Patient Reviews

September 12th, 2015
Experienced, caring MD...
Dr. Stoughton has been our primary care doctor for a number of years. We've recommended him to a number of friends who have given us feedback about how pleased they are with his care. We are not novices to the health care system--with experience at the Mayo Clinic, University of AZ and AZ Oncology. Dr. Stoughton cooperates with outside providers, makes solid recommendations to needed specialists and has been on target with all health diagnoses. Patients leave his office knowing that Dr. Stoughton heard them and cares.

December 16th, 2013
Not good
Although an easy dr. to understand, he pays no attention to what you say. he prescribed two meds which were inappropriate for me. I shall not return

September 4th, 2012
The Best Family Doctor Around
I have everyone in my direct family seeing Dr. Stoughton for years now.....there are 8 of us. He is always courteous, listens I mean listens to you. Alway available even under short notice...It is a great comfort to my whole family to have such a great caring doctor who works hard to keep us all healthy and happy= Thank you

April 11th, 2011
The Best
Always friendly, thorough and patient.

November 28th, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr. Stoughton is by far the best doctor I've ever had as a Physician!He spends as much time with you as you need and goes the distance to cover whatever needs to be done.I wouldn't change for any reason and have recommended him to friends and they've been very satisfied with their time with him.If you are in need of a doctor I would highly recommend him!

November 4th, 2009
Very Professional
I found Dr. Stoughton's office to be casual in manner yet very professional in clinicl expertise and professionalism. I have never been rushed and waiting tme have always been very reasonable...(I usually do show up a little early.) I suggested that the office request copays at time of service rater than billing....just to keep their overhead down.

May 5th, 2009
Questionable Office Procedure
No nurse available at Tucson Heart OfficeHas girls with no medical training whatsoever relaying messages from Dr. to patient. Plus one of the girls changes his orders to suit herself. Wonder when someone is going to end up in a bad way on account of this. This girl should not be working in a medical office dealing directly with patients. She is rude and a know it all. Seems like she is running the Doctor and his office. Why he keeps her on I'll never know. She gets really lippy and refuses to get you in to see the Dr. until your appointment time. No matter how sick you are. This Dr. says he's going to send you to a specialist but never happens. Seems like he is a dermotologist, cardiologist,pulmonologist and whatever else.The time he spends with you is less than 5 minutes. One time I was talking to him about the way I was feeling and he muttered under his breath its probably cancer. What a thing to say.