A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. John Stout:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Stout, MBA, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
Education & Awards
Dr. Stout graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Stout has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Providence St Vincent Medical Center
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospitals And Clinics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stout accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 21 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 5 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John T. Stout practice?
Dr. John Stout practices Ophthalmology near Portland, OR.
See Portland Ophthalmologists.