Dr. John Stover Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 3rd, 2014

2 extractions and an implant prep: all good

My primary care dentist recommended Stover for all three procedures. I was not disappointed. The anesthesia was calibrated to put me in a "twilight" state for the procedures, and worked perfectly. Stover himself took time to meet and talk with me prior to each procedure and was always helpful and kind.

April 4th, 2014

Stellar MD on the Big Island

My family of four have been patients of Dr. Stover's since 2003, with over 30 procedures and have always had positive outcomes and stellar results. Dr. Stover's medical expertise, standards of practices and procedures have been nothing but stellar during this entire time. In addition to Dr. Stover being a dentist, he is also a medical doctor and PhD, and is triple board certified and I constantly refer him to my real estate clients, family and friends because of his extensive experience and knowledge. He is an asset to our community and serves patients island-wide.

April 3rd, 2014

Quality work, caring staff

Dr Stover has performed many procedures for me and my family including two dental implants for myself and wisdom teeth extraction as well as removal of several suspect moles for my son. He and his staff are kind, caring professionals before, during and after each procedure. I have complete confidence in the quality of Dr Stover's work and won't hesitate to use him again should the need arise.

March 26th, 2014

Stover

I’m a relatively new patient of Dr. Stover. After having a consultation in early ’13 I had an “eye job” as scheduled in Dec at the Kona Coast Office. The procedure was followed by two weekly visits, two biweekly, and a final exam after just under three months. I’ve been impressed by the doctor’s competency and soft-spoken, reassuring manner on each of my visits. Following surgery Dr. Stover called several times to ascertain my condition and provided his personal cell number should I need to contact him in event of an emergence. Barring a minor scheduling mishap with one appointment I have no faults to find with treatment or results of my procedure – and I’m not easily pleased. I’d be delighted to get such attentive and timely care from my PCP.

September 16th, 2013

Disturbing Experience

Aloha Hawaii patients, I am writing a review with hopes to not only educate Dr Stover, but to worn future patients. My mother recently had a tooth extraction through Dr Stover in Hilo Hawaii. During her procedure they removed jaw bone in order to extract her tooth. Which is normal this happens, however they did not tell her what they had done nor did they follow up with her to see if she was ok ! When she returned to his office he exclaimed that she was fine, without even examining her ! The second time she returned to him, he snidely replied to her that her heeling processes was slowed down because she is smoker ! My mother is 87 pounds and has been suffering for over three months in pain, thank you to Dr Stover ! It causes her excruciating pain when she try's to wash her face, let alone eat. It's a no brainer that she can not afford to not eat being that she is 87 pounds! She has been through three different courses of antibiotic treatment, due to the fact that she has developed an infection after Dr Stovers procedure. Mind you he was not the one to proscribe her the antibiotics, due to the fact that he treats his patients with state medical like second class citizens! On her third visit to Dr Stover, he explained to her that she could have a cysts and a sharp bone fragment causing her immense pain. Interestingly enough he never took an X-ray, might I ask you to ponder how he knew what was wrong without proper examination of his patient ( my mother ). Also informing her that the procedure needed to correct the problem that he caused, would not only cost her two thousand dollars but was conveniently not covered by her medical ! The lack of compassion for his patients is sickening, and the service received by his staff is pathetic. Although we are in Hawaii I see no excuse for the treatment she received ! If any thing you should be even more appalled, Where is the Aloha!

April 5th, 2013

ABUSE

DO NOT TRUST THIS DOCTOR, HIS STAFF IS UNPROFESIONAL BORDERING ON RUDE. MY TREATMENT OF HAVING A TOOTH PULLED WAS A NIGHTMARE, HE BLEW A VIEN CAUSING MASSIVE BRUISING THEN BLAMED ME, HE INSISTED ON PUTING ME UNDER, THEN APARENTLY I MOVED AND CAUSED THE PROBLEM I INSISTED ON A EXPLAINATION AND THAT ANGERED HIM. I BROUGHT IN MY BLOOD WORK AND TOLD HIM WHAT TYPE OF TREATMENT I NEEDED HE AGREED I NEEDED A SPECIAL PLUG FOR BLEEDING LIKE HE HAD DONE THE LAST TIME HE PULLED A TOOTH. HE DID NOT DO THAT ! AND HE DID NOT EVEN SIGN THE PRESCRIPTION AND I HAD TO GO BACK . HE DID NOT GIVE ME WHAT I NEEDED AND JUST GAVE ME HIS USUAL PAIN MED. THAT I TOLD HIM I COULD NOT TAKE. I BLED FOR OVER A WEEK IN HORIBLE PAIN INCREDIBLE SWELLING. COULD NOT EAT OR SLEEP NO ONE FROM HIS OFFICE CALLED TO CHECK ON ME. I WENT TO MY REGULAR DENTIST FOR HELP. I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT MAN AGAIN! YOU WILL NOT BE TREATED WELL THERE , HE ALSO WAS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT I FOUND BE INDIFERENT CARE .

August 23rd, 2012

DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

Dr. Stover is by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had with an oral surgeon or dentist! He did a tooth extraction and then a bone graft as my procedure. Went in 2 weeks later to get stiches removed and he said everything looked fine. Then went to my general dentist for a follow up when she told me the work Dr. Stover had done did not look right at all and I need to go back to him and see what's wrong. (Mind you this was 4 days after I just saw Stover and he said everything was fine.) So I went back to Stover with the referral from my other dentist and Dr. Stover proceeded to tell me that not only was the surgery done wrong, he couldn't explain why or what went wrong and then told me, get THIS....he could do it all over again but he was going to charge me the same cost for it again!!!!! I obviously told him that wasn't going to happen and was asking for some kind of explaination andwhy he would charge me again for the same procedure he messed up on and he walked out of the room!!!! He is a scam artist who will take your money, do a botched up job, and then try to do it all over again! Heartless, conniving, theif!!! Do your self a favor and DO NOT go to him unless you want to be scammed out of thousands of dollars!!!

July 26th, 2012

Dr stover is the best dr I have found in hawaii

July 22nd, 2012

Very professional. I send all my friends to Dr Dtovet

July 21st, 2012

Excellent doctor and excellent experience.

July 1st, 2012

Nightmare, Dr. John Stover Did Wrong Procedure On Me!

First off my first visit went very smoothly. The receptionist (black lady) was not very friendly and seemed annoyed that I was there which made me not want to be there. I waited over 45 minutes in the tense waiting area. Then I waited about 20 minutes more in the room while an estitician went over products. He came in introduced himself in a very spacious room but bot as much as i would have liked. The procedure felt a bit rushed but was okay. Nurses were trying to be helpful but i highly doubt these are RN's. The door was open the entire time, so if you like your privacy steer elsewhere. e seemed a bit loopy but my results were great. I had to cancel my follow up and they never cared to reschedule me or call me. Unfortunately my next appointment didNot go as smoothly. I waited another 30 minutes in the waiting room even though I asked for the first appointment because of the long wait time I had on my first visit. The room they took me to was a far cry from the one from my initial visit. It looked like a storage closet converted into a supply room with a chair shovedIn it. I was literally getting claustrophobic with the supplies surrounding my head. Very inappropriate place for a person getting a costly procedure done, or really any procedure. Very outdated. The Dr. Came in and reintroduced himself even thoughwe had already met from my last visit. He asked me all the same questions and I also told him how happy I was with myResults last time and for him to do the same. Then he began my procedure and I said,"this is not what you did last time" and he went on with the procedure. My results were HORRIBLE to the point that it was causing me to have headaches nearly every day . I went for a free follow up. I told the nurse the scenario with the doctor performing the wrong procedure and she looked at my empty file (it was open and I could see it) that maybe had two sentencesWritten in it! The only thing that was in their was3 words that the nurse wrote last time I visited. When Dr. Stover came in he introduced himself to me AGAIN (3rd time now, am I really not that memorable?) and I told him the scenario.He simply said sorry that te results werent what i was expecting and there was nothingLeft to do, that I simply had to wait. He talked to me for 30 seconds and speed out of the room. There is always something you can do in aSituation like this! An apology for the fact that he NEVER EVEN READ my chart prior to the procedure would have been better or he couldHave at least given me options. It was very clear though that he didn't care and that he didn't have time. This is the last time I fork over hundreds of dollars to a very un-professional. It's only a matter of time before this place gets smacked with a lawsuit.

September 29th, 2011

not so professional

This place leaves allot to be desired. Starting at the front desk. The office feels stressful and unorganized. No greet or barely a greet. Receptionist seems confused. Sometimes they add tax and sometimes they don't? and they don't even put it in the tax line they add it in your total? Wait time....35 minutes or more with no apologies? This place likes to waist your time. They don't make you feel welcome or seem to appreciate your business. The nurses (if that's even what they are) don't know much, and are unprofessional and uninformed. The doctor...well lets just say he needs to take a coarse in communication skills, he is lacking terribly. He seems to be somewhere else when you are talking to him(not focused.)The place is WAY over priced! and they don't show you the product before they use it on you? HMMM? Besides that, the Doctor is pretty good but needs coaxing to get the results you want. He seems a bit inexperienced in certain areas. He needs to listen more and spend more time with his patients so as to avoid any miss-communication and issues they may have. (In other words..be more thorough) Oh and if your concerned with privacy don't go here! They don't even shut the door when they are working on you? and to top it off the Doctor doesn't even require a follow up appointment? If I was a Doctor I would want to see MY work AND make sure my patient is happy he does not seem to care. Its pretty simple..customers will just go somewhere else and spend their money if they don't get treated they way they feel they should.