Dr. John Strugar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Strugar?

April 1st, 2013

A Truely gifted Doctor

II had lived in NYC previously and had gone to many back specialists at HSS as well as Lenox Hill and many other hospitals. I chose Dr Strugar for his extreme listening abilities concerning my pain as well as his advise and assurance that although my problems were intricate and difficult and would have to be dealt with on 3 different levels, he was the only one who was able to help me me without fusion and he had some new and different techniques. I had total and complete trust in him and was not disappointed. Yes there was discomfort after the operation but his office set me up with aqua therapy and a pain specialist and anyway the pain was much less and different(more like surgery pain) than the agony I suffered before, I am in my second month and feeling so much better, I would also like to add that his office and team members work especially well together much like a well oiled swiss clock but with a heart(they listen too) I would highly recomend him and have done so to many people !

September 23rd, 2012

Cervical Posterior Fusion

Horrible experience with extreemly bad results

August 4th, 2011

I Have been coming to Dr, Strugar for many years for several back and neck problems. I find him extremely patient and understanding of my problems...it is very rare to find a doctor who will listen completely to you before he checks you out and find out just what is wrong with you. I strongly recommend him to anyone looking for and excellent DR.

January 23rd, 2011

Outstanding experience

We traveled a long distance to be treated by Dr. Strugar and it was worth it. He is an outstanding surgeon and highly committted to excellence and quality care. We are so fortunate to have him as our surgeon.

October 15th, 2010

An ubelievable doctor. He is precise caring and brilliant!!!! His hands are a masterpiece.

May 5th, 2010

Great Surgeon

I had been with pain for 4 months, before being referred to Dr. Strugar. I felt I would never be able to walk normal again. Dr. Strugar made it all possible for me again. After surgery I was able to walk, five days later I was off medication. I have recommended Dr. Strugar to everyone I meet. He is a great and caring surgeon. Thank you for all that you have done for me.

March 23rd, 2010

Outstanding Surgeon

February 24th, 2010

INCREDIBLE!

I would never go to anyone else

February 7th, 2010

Excellent

Dr Johnathan G. Strugar, is very thorough, professional and does operate only when necessary unlike so many others.I have a very unusual problem that has required many corrective surgeries and Dr. Strugar has always been there.He is very intelligent and this can be seen just through his articulation and explanation of what's at hand.Hand's down, John is one very good and doctor that one should have little problem in trust witgh. sws

November 23rd, 2009

MOST CARING DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET!

Dr. Strugar is incredibly knowledgeable and caring. He did surgery on my back last year, and I feel better than I have in many many years, I feel like a new person! He did minimally invasive surgery on me, leaving me with only about a 1 inch scar on my back. Most other surgeons make huge incisions. A friend of mine had the same surgery by another neurosurgeon and was left with a very large scar down her back. I cannot believe the negative comments I read about Dr. Strugar. Sure, complications do happen (such as infections, etc), which are unfortunate (and I am grateful they didn't happen to me), and its easiest to blame it on the doctor. But, I think its not always the doctor's fault, and they should be given credit for dedicating their lives to helping people and saving lives. Dr. Strugar is one of the most dedicated doctors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! I would recommend him to any family member or friend of mine.

October 19th, 2009

The staff in his Waterbury office is the most unprofessional group I've had the misfortune of meeting. Perhaps he has given them far too much authority and power, and he has no control over his office. They were rude, and when I insisted that I needed to speak to the doctor they forced me to speak with an office manager. I wanted his expertise and advice, and I got the run around instead. I am very dissatisfied.

August 16th, 2009

L5-S1 fusion with instrumentation

I herniated L5-S1 with S1 radiculopathy after childbirth. I had seen 5 doctors before I wound up with Dr. Strugar. No one believed me that anything was actually wrong. I was told that it was postpartum depression. Dr. Strugar did not give up and ultimately figured out the problem. Although he did tell my PCP that it was "surprising" that there was something wrong (he like all the other doctors thought I was making it up and was drug seeking), he did the surgery. Although, the surgery ultimately failed because I never fused, I have nothing but praise for him. He was respectful and caring. I do, however, have issues with his physician assistant Sara. She was rude and abrupt with me. The morning of my surgery I was in the bathroom and she was reviewing my chart with another P.A. and I heard her making rude comments about me. I called her out on it and she was sweet as pie to me after that. I would recommend Dr. Strugar to anyone, but my advice is to either avoid Sara or tell her where to go. If you need a P.A. in his office, ask for Chan, she was extremely helpful and caring.