Dr. John Sturges MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2017
Great Knowledgeable Doctor
I've been a patient of Dr. Sturges for over 22 Years now and he has been fantastic. He always takes the time to explain everything and why he is ordering one test or another. He always strives to keep pace with current technological/medical advances and applies them judiciously. I've never had any of the problems with the receptionist that other people have commented about. In fact she is the only one that every time I call recognizes me by my voice and that has been the norm since my second visit to the office over twenty years ago. I agree with the comments everyone made regarding his former PA Lori. She is gone now and he has a new PA although I've only met her once and she seemed very competent.

May 2nd, 2016
P.A. Lori is horrible. DO NOT SEE HER
First, me say, I love dr. Sturges. This review is more for the incompetent P.A. Lori. I've been seeing Dr Sturges for about 18 years. As his practice grew he of course added nurse practioners/physicians assistants. I've only has problems with Lori. She looks in your mouth if you complain of ear infection. Says your good. Then I go and see the Dr only to find out I had severe infection. I've been threatened by her that she would call cps on me because my children fight with each other ( we're talkin 8 and 10 year olds) this question came up because she asked my child if any one is mean to him in school during a physical and he innocently stated that only his big brother is. I was in shock that she would say that to me. Then my next sons physical she asked if there was a gun in the house and my child answered yes. ( my children know there is, have been educated and is kept in a safe place, unloaded for OUR SAFETY. ) She once again threatened to "report" this. Really? So let me get this straight, I'm not legally allowed to have a gun in MY home to protect myself and my children from potential intruders? Idiot! She has undiagnosed and misdiagnosed every time I've seen her. Which bye way, I've refused to now for few years. I'm not a doctor, but I do recognize stupidity when I've asked why my throat hurts and her say it's probably allergies without looking longer than literally 1 second, resulting in an immediate care visit with strep throat. She has also treated me as a drug addict when I complained of excruciating pain, told me taking 15 Aleves was fine and so was I. A few weeks later I had emergency surgery and another major surgery shortly after directly related to my initial complaint that she scoffed at. Dr. Sturges is an amazing ,caring , smart, personable, happy, kind man who is also sympathetic to your issues. He explains everything, treats you like his family and it shows. I've been hesitant to write this review on Lori simply because I was worried it would negatively affect him.

April 14th, 2016
Rude Receptionist
Dr. J. Sturge's front office receptionst is awful. Had enough of being treated rude condescending and hangs up on you, this has happen more on one occasion.

April 30th, 2015
20 years of amazing
My family has been patients for more than 20yrs. He and his staff are in an entirely different realm from today's fast track clinics. He cares about us. He comes to us during our worse times like a family member would. Sometimes you wait in the waiting room when u have an appt. Well you will gladly wait when you realize that if you need him sometime to take extra time with you on your appt, he will give you all the extra time you need. He explains things and ideas he has for you in such a manner that you are included in all decisions, and understand. He and his Nurse Practitioner are very smart people. Old fashion medicine with all the newest advances. If it's out THERE they know about it or will find out. I truly love them all Donna Souza Coeurd' Alene, ID

March 6th, 2015
Patient
Doctor is exemplary in all facets of his practice.

February 12th, 2014
Previous Patient
We became clients of this office and went in for complete physicals for both of us. First of all I want to make it clear we did not see or talk to Dr Sturgis one time. ALL of our interactions and appts etc were with his PA Lori. We found her and the office to be very incompetent and with no care, compassion or interest in her patients other than the money they can make off of them! After in a very cold uncaring way of telling us some devastating news they only cared about running whatever tests they could get us to do so that they could get more money from our insurance company. The tests had nothing to do with the news. Not once did they inquire about the devastating news! Once they found they could not get us to take any more senseless tests they stopped calling all together. Not once in almost a year have they called to inquire about the devastating issue! Then when we change to another Dr all of a sudden they are calling about a co pay we supposedly owe! Again no concern or question about health ect. Just give us the money! And now they are holding our records because they have not received this money that is simply a co pay! They have been paid thousands by our insurance!! Now they are proving once again that they are more concerned with money (and a small amount at that) by withholding our records so we can not get the follow up care that is medically needed for a life and death issue! They have ignored TWO requests for them. We do NOT recommend them to anyone!! And at this point may have to take another step and file an official complaint with the medical board to get our records!

June 2nd, 2011
horrible receptionist
Rude, short with you and unreliable. This has happened on more than one occasion with front receptionist/counter person.

May 2nd, 2017