Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Apr 13th, 2016

I live in Arvada and Happily make the drive to Parker, just to see Dr Sun. he is thee BEST!!!

Outstanding Doctor! show details Outstanding Doctor!
Mar 31st, 2016

After procrastinating for way too long, I finally decided to get a colonoscopy. My Primary Care Physician recommended Dr. Sun and I'm so glad he did! Not only was Dr Sun very personable, his staff was wonderful. Their recommended method for prep (colon cleanse) was actually far easier than I expected. Dr. Sun and his team were very good to answer all my questions, and the process was a piece of cake!

Best physician and staff I've ever experienced show details Best physician and staff I've ever experienced
by Wendy Wade on Mar 27th, 2016

I came in for a colonoscopy and Dr Sun was quick to discover I had other issues and got me on the right path. I feel very fortunate to have found him. Very caring Dr. And great staff.

Outstanding! show details Outstanding!
by Patient in Parker on Mar 22nd, 2016

Been a patient of Dr. Sun for the past couple of years and couldn't be happier. Not only is he friendly and generous with his time, he is a consummate professional. After my most recent colonoscopy, he identified a concerning adenoma and provided me with a range of options. Understanding my immediate reaction, he calmly and clearly explained the risks and opportunities for a favorable outcome. I followed up with Dr. Sun to have laparoscopic surgery to ultimately remove my appendix and a portion of my colon. The surgery wasn't exactly as Dr. Sun explained and my recovery has been ideal. I knew I selected the right surgeon when the hospital staff all spoke of Dr. Sun with glowing terms.

Nov 4th, 2015

Dr. Sun was recommended to me by my GP when I developed a severe case of diverticulitis. Beyond his excellent record as a surgeon, Dr. Sun is friendly, generous of his time, patient and thorough in his diagnosis and recommendations. I highly recommend him.

Office Manager, Sun Clinic show details Office Manager, Sun Clinic
by Glennis on Sep 10th, 2015

Dr. Sun IS board certified as a Colon and Rectal Surgeon and General Surgeon. I am sorry if some of the information on the internet has been confusing to our patients. We strive to take the very best care of everyone who walks into our office and treat everyone as an individual.

I have my life back show details I have my life back
by Lori Holdread on May 18th, 2015

Dr. Sun repaired my rectal prolapse and other childbirth related issues that were making me incontinent at an early agE. Dr. Sun was extremely gifted, detail oriented and wonderful. Thank you Dr. sun for giving me my life back.

Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Sun has changed my life with his skillful surgical procedure!

Grateful show details Grateful
Feb 12th, 2014

Dr. Sun has been a blessing to me. His advice, guidance, and skill as a doctor is amazing. I am pain free finally because of him.

Love dr. sun show details Love dr. sun
by Kevin L. on Jan 28th, 2014

My husband had a peri-anal abscess (basicly, a hole in his lower intestine) it was causing so many issues for my him. We had seen 4 different doctors to get this resolved. All visits resulted in surgery but no one could find the hole to stitch it up since it was internal. He went about 2 years in and out of hospitals trying to get this resolved. After doing some research I found Dr. Sun. He didn't specialize in this type of problem but took him as a patient. Immediately we knew he was different. He took the time to take pictures etc instead of just opening him up in surgery and " seeing " what could be done. He had a plan and it worked!!!! He found the hole, sewed it up and to this day my husband hasn't had any more issues. Thank you Dr. Sun! I wish I would've found you sooner!!!!

Need 10 stars! show details Need 10 stars!
Oct 4th, 2012

After a year of being ill & going to the Dr again & again & countless tests, Dr. Sun diagnosed me within 5 minutes! My husband was deployed to Iraq & Dr. Sun & his staff worked tirelessly to help me get him home on Emergency Leave. I had complications with my surgery, but Dr Sun was with me the whole way. They should clone dr. Sun AND his staff! More healthcare workers should strive to be as professional & caring as this group!

Jul 11th, 2012

Dr. Sun is amazing! He quickly determined my issues and scheduled emergency surgery the next morning, on his day off. He explained what I should expect and made sure a family member was with me to help me remember after surgery. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Sun and will continue to see him.

Tom Ross show details Tom Ross
Feb 29th, 2012

Saved my wifes life , when no one else did anything to help her. I think the world of this guy.

Sep 7th, 2011

Dr. Sun is the best in his field! He saved my husbands life 11 years ago. My husband is now cancer free and loving life again! Thanks to Dr Sun we have a long life ahead of us!

emergency surgery show details emergency surgery
Aug 28th, 2011

He is a excellent doctor with great bed side manners.He told what I had and explained in laymen's terms what he had to.He saved my life. He's one of a kind

Nov 16th, 2009

Dr. Sun is a professional, experienced, and compassionate physician. I am fortunate to be under his care. His office staff is wonderful as well. To correct a previous comment posted by another individual, Dr. Sun is board certified in both general surgery and colorectal surgery. I checked his credentials before I sought him out.

by scullen on Dec 30th, 2008

I am so gladd that Dr Sun was my phyician. With his expertise and knowledge I felt in excellent hands. And he has a great bedside manner, humour and a true concern for my health.

the best! show details the best!
May 16th, 2008

I liked Dr sun very much. For such a difficult topic he makes you feel very comfortable. he runs a wonderful business, his staff is excellent and when I had my surgery he was excellent

Makes overly aggressive surgical recommendations show details Makes overly aggressive surgical recommendations
Apr 24th, 2008

Why isn't Dr. Sun board certified in his field? In this day and age, a "specialist" should be board certified.