A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Swisher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Swisher is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Swisher
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Swisher Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Swisher, MD, PHD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Swisher graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Swisher has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Parkwest Med Ctr
- St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John William Swisher MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. John W. Swisher practice?
- Dr. John Swisher has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Swisher practices Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Knoxville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Powell, TN.
See Knoxville Critical Care Practitioners and Knoxville Pulmonologists.