A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Swisher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Swisher is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Swisher, MD, PHD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Swisher graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Swisher has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Parkwest Med Ctr
- St Mary's Medical Center, Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John William Swisher MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. John W. Swisher practice?
- Dr. John Swisher has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Swisher practices Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Knoxville, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Powell, TN.
See Knoxville Critical Care Practitioners and Knoxville Pulmonologists.