Dr. John Swofford DO Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Indianapolis, IN

4.7

November 22nd, 2016
Best Doctor and staff. Didn't take long and I'm happy to say today, I'm not experiencing any pain, after yesterday's back injection. I felt safe and confident that the doctor and staff had my best care in mind.

August 17th, 2016
He's my George Clooney!

June 28th, 2016
Had a selective nerve block a year ago and still pain free. He told me it will return because it is a pinched nerve and when the medicine wears off I will have to do again. Well worth it

May 3rd, 2015
Great guy... funny, great bedside manner. And... most importantly, he diagnosed my ailment, and rendered me pain free!

November 29th, 2011
Initially went for nerve block, but he found the real problem!!!
A bad car wreck broke my back, had fusion, still continued to have lots of pain along my right side. Surgeon wanted to do more surgery on spine, I wasn't convinced would resolve so went to another for 2nd opinion. 2nd surgeon said fusion was great, only issue seen was scar tissue on sciatic nerve from back surgery, nothing could do so sent for nerve block. Then set up for Dr. Swofford, watched videos of nerve block, talked to rep. was pretty much coming to conclusion, issue would never be repaired and have to live with a device sending flase signals to my brain to mask the pain. Dr. Swofford came in, began asking questions, wanted overview of whole accident and things done. Couple of quick tests, was pretty sure he knew actual problem and could be resolved easily. Had shot in SI joint and dye, found the tear and why so much pain, because of tear and same nerves from bottom of spine going through the area being irritated. Set me up with Dr. Cummings to repair SI Joint, woke up 80-90% of pain gone then, first time in 3 years felt good and there was hope of being pain free really existed. Very sincere, gets right to the point and not going to waste your time and money on tests and trials or surgeries that won't benefit you. I have and will continue to strongly recommend both Dr. Swofford and Dr. Cummings with any issues from the waist down and actually probably any issue.

May 5th, 2010
Very gentle
Dr. Swofford was really good with me. He explained what he was going to do, promised no extra pain and took care of me in a very professional way. I really enjoyed having Dr. Swofford as my Doctor and suggest him for your needs!

September 8th, 2008
Dr. Swofford is the best doctor I have ever had the experience in dealing with. His bedside manner is impecable and he listens intently and evaluates not only the pain and how he can manage the symptoms but also things we can do as a patient to help as well. He is very reassuring and comforting and his staff is equally as wonderful as he is. His nurses during the procedure are so comforting and his office staff is quick with getting your insurance approved and as quick as possible appointment time afterward. The entire experience with this particular pain management staff is by far the best I have ever dealt with. I have been a patient of Dr. Swofford for 5 years now and have never been dissappointed except that I wish he could do all of my surgeries and I have been through a lot of them. He is an amazing physician, family man and person, who really cares about making you feel better and those are rare qualities in any one person. If you are considering any type of pain management look no further. You are in the best hands possible with Dr. John B. Swofford and will be on the road to feeling better in no time with his expertise. Ask any one of his patients and we will all say he is a god send and couldn't live a full life without his knowledge and bedside manner. Thanks Dr. Swofford for all that you do for all of us, we can never say enough about you!