Dr. John Burns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 3rd, 2013
I was charged for things that did not even occur. I tried for 4 days to talk to Heather the office mgr. She would never return my call.A very unprofessional way to conduct a business. I would never go there again. And will tell anyone I know who needs such a doctor to not go.

January 21st, 2013
Wrong Diagnosis
Dr. Burns gave me the wrong diagnosis. He completely discounted the MRI results from St. Lukes. He tried sending me to physical therapy. After a second opinion and surgery the second Dr. found my tendon to be 90% severed. They had to replace it with another tendon since the other 10% was so damaged. Physical therapy would have only caused me more pain and money. Surgery was inevitable to repair my wrist after this injury. If you have a hand injury I highly recommend Dr. Maneesh Verma. He showed me the images on the MRI where the laceration was clearly shown. After surgery he called me personally to check on me. His staff is professional and prompt in getting my medication called in to my pharmacy.

July 14th, 2012
Dr. Burns has a gentle, relaxed manner.Both times I saw him he was wearing the same plaid shirt and faded jeans. Staff mishandled the payment/insurance. I had a dislocated ring finger and he re-set the finger. He charged for every little thing he did. Charged $80 for therapy consultation when he showed me how to bend my finger in a splint. Then I was charged for another therapy session at the follow up visit when he bent my finger down. I thought that was the kind of thing that the care of the finger involved. Probably wouldn't use him again.

July 28th, 2011
Dr Burns is awsome!
Dr Burns was very personable, knew exactly what kind of tumor was in my hand, explained the process for getting this tumor removed and what to expect in very plain, simple terms. I would be very willing to have Dr Burns as my surgeon again in the future if the need arises.

February 3rd, 2011
best hand doctor ever.
Great doctor.

October 2nd, 2010
Correct Diagnosis
Very smart man, thanks for the help and fixing my wrist.

May 26th, 2008
lucky to find such a doctor
Dr. Burns is tops. His skills are considerably above average. His gentle "laid back" personality makes you feel comfortable and helps calm you down when your scared and in a lot of pain. Having been his patient for three separate medical situations, one very critical, I have not one negative thing to say about him. The one critical emergency I was taken to a ER after a skill saw rotory bolt broke sending the spinning blade flying through my hand. It mangle one horribly and cut the other 2 in pieces. The ER doctor said at least would have to be amputated and the other could be fixed, but don't expect it to function well. He had done a CT surgery not long before, so we called him. After hours, on a friday, and during a storm. His response was, I'm on my way, don't let them touch it. He is a true puzzle master, fixing them so well they even on close inspection only the one show signs of a major injury and there is not only full use and function of all, but also full feeling. Others have told me of there experiences, and no one has ever said anything negative. I feel very fortunate to have found such a doctor and nice person.