Family Physicians
1340 Treat Blvd
Ste 450
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
925-952-2828
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Best primary physician I have ever had.  |  show details
by sondra g adam on Jan 21st, 2014

He has been my primary physician for 12 years. He is very thorough, courteous and caring. I give him an excellent rating in all areas and wish other dovors were so conscientious.

|  Great doctor for 11 years.  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Thanks to Dr. Cho being thorough, I was lead to the right treatment and sometimes specialists for various issues: Polycystic ovaries, hypertension, severe anemia and obesity. My parents see him too and agree that he is very thorough. He doesn't push you off, he spends time with you during visits, asks questions, answers your questions, follows up personally or has his nurse call to give test results. He is up to date medications and health concerns. He takes interests in his patients: their career, families, travels, etc. I like his staff and the fact that te office is open nights and weekends. I recommend Dr. Cho over an over.

|  Pragmatic and consertative approach to health  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I find Dr. Cho's medical pragmatism to be very helpful. I am a mid-30's male and have seen Dr. Cho on a few occassions. He is very reluctant to "medicate", and chooses a more conservative approach by treating symptoms. At first, this was difficult to accept. I had a cold and wanted antibiotics. He was reluctant to prescribe becuase he believed I had a virus and anti-biotics would not help. He did prescribe them to me but advised against their use, and instead asked me to let the cold run its natural course. Reluctantly, I took his advice. The cold went away in a few days. I appreciated his medical advice not to "medicate" unnecessarily. He has taken this same approach on other areas where mainstream media is advocating for a health solution but has suggested not doing it simply because "it's popular". I value this medical approach because I feel that he is more interested in treating a symptom and not simply trying to make me feel 100% better immediately. Treating the sysmpton is what I need, even if feeling better is what I want.

|  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Cho gives straight forward honest advise and takes jis time to explain everything. I would reccommend him to others especialy those who do any international travel.

|  Why Bother?  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

Dr Cho leaves me feeling like "Why did I even bother to come in here today?" He doesn't listen and he doesn't ask if there's anything he can do for you.

|  Run, don't walk AWAY from this Doctor  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

Just didn't have his act together. Very unprofessional and lacking all bedside manner. Treated me like he was not interested in my medical condition. I would strongly suggest going to someone else for any medical needs, even if you are desperate.

|  Questionable methods  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2011

I have been treated for my health problem for a very long time and when a problem arose with my heart Dr. Cho never properly diagnosed the problem. It took a heart specialist to detect the problem. Further, Dr. Cho does not seem to be too caring of his patients. He prescribed medications with over 10 refills for each of the medications that I was taking and never even mentioned to come back to see him at any time during my visit with him.

|  show details
Sep 27th, 2010

I'm never come across such an ignorant and just outright confused man in my life; much less a doctor. What has now successfully be diagnosed as a simple staff infection at the emergency room was over an hour with "Doctor" Cho at Urgent Care.example of questioning:Cho: "so this just appeared this morning?"Me: "Yes"Cho: "Okay, where is the rash?"Me: "It's not a rash, it's this huge, raging infectious looking spot right here"Cho: "Okay, and that's been going on for how long?"Me: "This morning..."Cho: "I'm not sure if we can treat this rash here"I'm not kidding. I'm not over exaggerating. This conversation happened, repeatedly, in a cycle, for at least 10 minutes before I just left in frustrated tears.

|  Horible Doctor  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2008

Dr. Cho was one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. He ignored everything I had to say and came up with his own off the wall diagnosis that did not match the symptoms I was having. I told him numerous times that his diagnosis and symptoms did not match the symptoms I was having (allergic reaction). He told me to go to the drugstore and purchese otc allergy medication, I told him I was already on prescription allergy medication and it was not working effectively, he said if I did not get better to see my primary care in three weeks. I saw Dr. Cho at the urgent care, however I would advise you to find a different doctor even at the urgent care. He was very rude and seemed like he only wanted to get patients out the door as fast as he can. Horrible, Horrible doctor