A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Kao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kao
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Kao, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Howard University , Washington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- El Camino Hospital of Los Gatos
- Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Kao MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John Kao practice?
- Dr. John Kao has 1 office location.
Dr. John Kao practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near San Jose, CA.
See San Jose Orthopedic Surgeons and San Jose Surgeons.