inactive

John T Maher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 13th, 2016
Quick to Cut
He is very quick to call for a c-section for what other providers told me where minor problems during labor. Beware. Also, very long wait times for an appointment.

October 13th, 2016
Long waits for appointments and then very impatient during my labor
The appointment waits were often at least 45 minutes on a normal day. When I was in labor he was so impatient and pushed for a C-section (later had my ...

April 8th, 2015
Unprofessional and Overpriced
No one was in the office when I arrived for my appointment. I waited an hour to be seen. Dr. Maher came across a little creepy (it seemed like he wanted to be viewed as "hip" more than anything else) and he was not at all thorough in addressing my concerns. The only follow-up after my visit was from the billing department and the woman I spoke to was obnoxiously rude and abrasive. I had a question about one aspect of the billing process and she immediately responded with an attitude and raised her voice. When I asked to speak with someone else so that I could pay my bill and get on with my day she raised her voice even more and called me a lunatic. Even if Dr. Maher was worth the long waits (and he's not), I would never go back because his team creates such an uncomfortable and tactless environment for patients.

April 8th, 2013
Terrible, terrible experience with Dr Maher
I have been a patient of Dr Maher's for almost 10 years, and in 2011 became pregnant for the first time. I continued to see him, and regretted that decision after it was too late to switch doctors. Here are the reasons: BEFORE BIRTH: 1. Never remembered me, even after 10 years 2. Was nicer to me when my husband was on appointments 3. Belittled me for asking to have my Fetal Monitoring done by the hospital instead of in his office (on the recommendation of the hospital) 4. Cancelled my appointment that I purposely made with another doctor in his practice and asked that I make the appointment with him instead 5. Repeatedly kept me waiting for more than 2 hours at almost every appointment 6. When I went into labor at 11pm, I called his answering service becuase I had seen him THAT DAY and he said there was no way I was ready to go 7. He never called me back, even though the answering service indicated he would 8. I finally went to the ER, was admitted, and was in labor for 17 hours before an emergency C-Section. Not ONCE did I speak to Dr Maher this entire time POST BIRTH 1. It was a full day and a half before I even SAW Dr Maher after I gave birth to my daughter. Add that to the day of labor and we have 2 and a half days with no contact 2. After being released, I developed a fever and infection. I called Dr Maher's office very scared and the answering service indicated he would call me back. he did not call back. When I called again, he finally called back and was extremely nasty with me, indicated that he didn't really know who I was by referring to a different office that I never saw him at, and then told me to make an appointment for the following day 3. When I saw him the following day, he plucked open my scar, even though he said he saw no infection there, and made the genius diagnosis that I had a plugged duct even though he didn't even look at or touch my breasts 4. My infection did not go away with the pumping and it turns out I had pneumonia. Far cry from a plugged duct. 5. Fast forward to my follow up pap... I was not contacted with the results, which usually means there was nothing wrong. Except 5 MONTHS LATER the receptionist called and said "i don't know what happened but we never called you about the infection you had, and the doctor wants to see you for a culposcopy." Final straw, but let me follow through and make the appointment. 6. The DAY OF MY APPOINTMENT, Dr Maher cancels my appointment. 7. Now they are calling me looking for 9 months worth of co-pays that they apparently never collected. If you value your health and want to be treated respectfully and professionally, please find another doctor. Dr. Maher is greedy, unprofessional, and does not really care about you. Only about how much money he can make off of you.

May 24th, 2012
Dreadful and disrespectful physician
I was a patient of Dr. Mashers for several years, and had been reasonably satisfied, but things have gone WAY downhill in the past few months. My last three visits, I waited no less than one hour past my appointment time to see him, and twice the wait was two hours. When I experienced spotting just shy of 6 weeks into my first pregnancy on a weekend, his answering service told me they'd page him and he'd call me back. Some 6 hours later without hearing anything, I called back and they said they'd erred, that he wasn't on call that weekend and I should go to the ER (they weren't sure which ER, though). My first office visit post miscarriage, he was two hours late and spent maybe two minutes with me in the exam room. When I became pregnant again, he told me and my husband, "If you need anything day or night, call me." I had another spotting miscarriage scare shortly thereafter on a weekend, and the answering service indicated many attempts to page him and left him several voicemails over a period of about 4 hours. I finally decided to just go to the ER. On my next office visit, at which my husband was present, we brought up the incident and the fact we were unhappy that yet again he had been up reachable and had never followed up. He became nasty and defensive and began to berate me WHILW performing a vaginal ultrasound with my husband, a midwife, and a nurse in the room. I have never been treated so disrespectfully and unprofessionally before. Ladies, if you want to be treated with dignity and respect, and not by an irresponsible dr. with anger management issues do NOT see Dr. John Maher.

May 4th, 2012
Dr. Maher delivered my twins and he was awesome through the entire process.

July 23rd, 2011
Great Dr.
I started seeing Dr.Maher when I was pregnant with my 2nd child.I couldn't ask for a better Dr. he was very patient and takes the time with every patient to answer any questions one might have. He made this pregnancy and the delivery of my daughter a happy and stress free experience.

February 22nd, 2011
Great Dr.
I saw Dr. Maher and he was caring and professional. I highly recommend him.