A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. O'Brien has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John T O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. John T. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. John O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. John O'Brien practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Annandale, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Fairfax, VA.
See Annandale Internists and Annandale Cardiologists.