A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Seasonal Allergies Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about seasonal allergies such as hay fever, eye and mold allergies.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. O'Brien has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John T O'Brien MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. John T. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. John O'Brien has 2 office locations.
Dr. John O'Brien practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Annandale, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Fairfax, VA.
See Annandale Internists and Annandale Cardiologists.