A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Phelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Phelan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Phelan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Phelan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Phelan, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Phelan graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Phelan has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Peter's Hospital
- Albany Memorial Hospital
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Thomas Phelan MD is a male Hematologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. John T. Phelan practice?
- Dr. John Phelan has 1 office location.
Dr. John Phelan practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Albany, NY.
See Albany Hematologists and Albany Oncologists.