Dr. John Shen Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. John Shen?

Posted on August 18th, 2015

Excellent caring doctor.

Just terrible

Posted on March 5th, 2015

I have never felt so little in my life. Dr. Shen will spend maybe 5 mins with you in his office: half of which will be slides of a power point presentation or a movie. He doesn't really asked questions or explained anything. When I asked questions, he just said, "Didn't you see the movie?" He is all about popping more and more pills. After a month of his cream and antibiotics my acne actually worsened. He says it takes 2 months to see improvements. But my skin got worse, not better at all. When I went back he wanted to up my prescription at a higher intensity. I felt so sick after i left his office, I would never recommend him. If you want a doctor who listens to you and spends time to find exactly whats wrong with your skin, don't go to Dr. Shen. But if you want a doctor to just prescribe you some medication and be out of there in 5 mins, he's your guy!

Money wasted and I found the problem on my own.

Posted on December 31st, 2014

I came in with mild acne and he prescribed retin a creme. My skin broke out worse for about 6-8 months after changing strengths etc. I advised him that I thought the creme ingredients were breaking me out and he assured me I just needed a higher % prescription. Fast forward / didn't work. My skin was still broke out but now I had dry burnt patches. I called and asked him to change the RX to the gel and he said I need to come in. So I paid the $125 yet again and he would NOT give me the gel !! He prescribed me yet another higher strength of retin a and when I tried to talk to him and tell him I wanted the gel, he brushed me off. Dermatology for acne is rather a joke. Since stopping my visits with this doctor, I received some free advice from a skin care friend and she told me to use a more gentle cleanser, a hydrating natural toner and throw out all my body lotions and only use cera ve. Simple as changing up my routine and paying attention to ingredients in EVERYTHING! This solved it for me. I'm clear and happy. If doctors actually cared, they would spend the time to evaluate your routine so you can make proper changes to avoid breakouts. Or test hormones to see if it's internal. Not just make us buy expensive cremes that mess up our skin further so we keep looking for the next miracle cream !!!!! People with acne ::::: do your research and use common sense.

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Shen. He is very competent & through! His knowledge & organized manner inspires trust! He seems to care & has a great sense of humor! I was encouraged.

Posted on June 15th, 2017