A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Whalen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Whalen is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whalen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Whalen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Whalen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Whalen graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Whalen has 9 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Hospital Amsterdam
- Seton Health System - St. Mary's Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Thomas Whalen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John T. Whalen practice?
- Dr. John Whalen has 1 office location.
Dr. John Whalen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Albany, NY.
See Albany Surgeons.