A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Taras:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Taras, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Taras
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Taras Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Taras, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Arm Injuries
- Broken Bones Bone Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Finger Injuries
- Finger Replacement Surgery (Finger Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Forearm Injuries
- Hand Deformities
- Hand Injuries
- Hand Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Tendon Entrapment
- Tendon Injuries
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Taras graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Taras has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kennedy Memorial Hospital-Umc-Cherry Hill
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John S. Taras MD is a male Hand Surgeion, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Orthopaedic Trauma, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. John S. Taras practice?
- Dr. John Taras has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Taras practices Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Orthopaedic Trauma, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Surgery of the Hand near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Cherry Hill, NJ.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons, Philadelphia Sports Medicine Doctors, and Philadelphia Surgeons.