Surgical Specialist
Video profile
2801 Lemmon Ave Ste 300
Dallas, TX 75204
214-220-2712
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.3877551020408 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best investment I've made  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2014

In my opinion, choosing and trusting your surgeon is absolutely one of the hardest and most important decisions you can make. Dr. Tebbetts and his staff are phenomenal. I had my breast augmentation 8 weeks ago, and my only regret is that I didn't have my breast augmentation years ago! Dr. Tebbetts, his wife Terrye, Kari and along with his nurses are hands down the nicest staff of any office I have ever walked into. They make you feel very comfortable and provide you honest answers to any questions you have. I could not have had a better and more successful experience. Dr. Tebbetts is very honest and extremely accurate about anything you may be uncertain about, and his book is an excellent resource. I recommend Dr. Tebbetts to anyone considering breast augmentation.

|  The Best Breast is Right  |  show details
by Gloria on Jan 22nd, 2014

If I had known my mastopexy would be this easy I would have done it a long time ago. I'm so glad I chose Dr Tebbetts and his staff. I was super nervous about having surgery. The minute I called his office I felt I was on the right road to making the right choice. Kari was very knowledgable, patient and kind. She answered all of my questions and immediately set my mind at ease. Terrye, Dr Tebbetts' patient educator (and sweet wife), called for a phone consult. After hanging up the phone, I was certain I would use Dr Tebbetts. I loved that he had requirements of me just like I had of him. All of the pre-op tests helped to ease my mind as well as my husband's. After meeting with Dr Tebbetts I knew without a doubt that I had found the right doctor. It also helped that I have two friends who LOVE him and his staff. I can now add my name to their list of fans! My breasts look amazing and it's only been two weeks. I followed the post-op rules to the letter and 24 Hour Recovery works! I went to dinner and shopping the evening after my surgery, traveled home the day after surgery and on the third day I went to my granddaughter's 2nd birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. Nobody knew what I had just done. I would recommend Dr Tebbetts and his staff to my family and friends and to anyone reading this who is contemplating cosmetic breast surgery.

|  The best breast!  |  show details
by Courtney R on Jan 21st, 2014

Fabulous doctor, wonderful staff and even better results! I couldn't have made a better decision when it came to finding the best Plastic Surgeon for my breast augmentation.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2014

Dr. Tebbetts and his staff were absolutely amazing. They were all very knowledgeable and very thorough when explaining all details and answering any questions concerning breast augmentation. The book that is found online that was written by Dr. Tebbetts is a very informative piece for anyone considering breast augmentation. I love that Dr. Tebbetts and his staff are so concerned with what is best for your body. That alone gave me great comfort in my decision to use Dr. Tebbetts as my surgeon.

by Lisa T on Jan 7th, 2014

I absolutely love Dr. Tebbetts and his staff. I had breast augmentation and was amazed at the 24 hour recover period. I did not need pain medication and only had mild discomfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Tebbetts to anyone that is considering this procedure as well as to read his book!

by Abbe M on Jan 6th, 2014

My breast implant surgery went very well. I was up and around the same evening with mild discomfort! I would highly recommend Dr. Tebbetts (and have) to anyone interested in this procedure

|  Absolutely love them!!  |  show details
by Stacy F on Oct 25th, 2013

I absolutely loved Dr. Tebbetts and all of his staff. His 5 point system was exactly what I needed and the new girls are perfect :). I had surgery on Friday and was back at work on Sunday! Would highly recommend him! I know some comments have been made about his bedside manner but I was highly impressed by him and had no issues. He is very straightforward and efficient but reassuring at the same time. I would not go to anyone else after reading his book and researching my other options.

Oct 18th, 2013

I am a 43 year old mother of two who breast fed both infants and wanted a breast lift only, not an enlargement. I chose Dr Tebbetts because he did my sister's BA and she was pleased. I met with Terrye who was wonderful and answered all my questions and stated I was "bordeline" based on the measurements taken to have a successful breast lift. I then came back for a second visit and met with Dr Tebbetts who spent time with me answering questions and going over the procedure and possible complications. He then did the measurements and told me that he would not recommend a lift as my numbers were boderline as Terrye had stated and I just wouldn't notice a big difference. He told me that he would recommend a BA to fill the space at the top of my breast but that was up to me. I decided that was not what I wanted and he said that was a good decision. I apppreciate his honesty and talking me through all the options. He could easily have done the lift and taken my money, but he didn't! I would recommend Dr Tebbetts if you are considering a BA and/or lift.

|  The Best!  |  show details
by Charlene Boese on Oct 7th, 2013

This is my second breast surgery from Dr. Tebbetts. He did a wonderful job the first time and even better the second. Terri was very helpful with the entire process of my Surgery. I have always adored the entire Tebbetts family. I really appreciate all they have done to make my entire experience a great one. Kari is just as helpful. She is on top of things and is there for you any time you have or need a question answered. I love my new breast and highly recommend Dr. Tebbetts.

by Cathy W on Sep 10th, 2013

I first considered BA surgery about 4 years and did a lot of research. That is when I first read Dr. Tebbetts' book. Living in Maine, I interviewed doctors in the area and even made an appointment to have surgery. But, I canceled the appointment 2 weeks before surgery. Earlier this spring, I found the book again, re-read it, and decided that if I ever have BA surgery I would go to Dr. Tebbetts. I emailed his office and got a response within 8 hours. The follow up conversations with Terrye and Kari were always informative, professional, helpful, and supportive. I flew from Maine to Dallas to have the surgery done and found Dr. Tebbetts to be very warm, informative and professional. I felt comfortable right away and trusted him to make the right decision for my size. I was not disappointed!!! Like others, I was out shopping and having dinner by 4:00 in the afternoon with only ibrupropen. I faithfully did my arm exercises and felt great. I did experience bruising and tenderness around my incisions, but nothing that kept me from doing normal daily activities. The hardest part for me was waiting to workout and teach my fitness classes (I am a personal trainer/fitness instructor). But, I followed the guidelines and waited to teach for almost 3 weeks. My overall experience was GREAT. Everyone in the office, especially Kari and Terrye, were wonderful and I would definitely recommend Dr. Tebbetts to anyone who asks.

|  Thank you!  |  show details
by Gina R. Douville on Aug 3rd, 2013

I am writing to thank Dr. John B. Tebbetts and Terrye Tebbetts for enabling me to intelligently converse about breast augmentation and for providing me with the knowledge to make informed choices. If a patient has truly conducted an exhaustive research to educate herself about breast augmentation, she will concur that their processes are spot on! The majority of those posting to such sites as RealSelf are alarmingly misinformed. It is frightening how some enter blindly into such a life changing event. Even physicians who may have once ridiculed Dr. Tebbetts' tissue-based planning are now praising his work and incorporating his rules into their practices. I have had the privilege of communicating directly with Terrye over the telephone and via E-mail correspondence. From my experience it seems that the Tebbetts' commitment to professionalism and truthfulness has been erroneously labeled by some as "rudeness". One could presume that "rudeness" may be frustration spurted by a patient's lack of motivation to educate herself. Sometimes the truth hurts! I admire their knowledge and candor. I admire their refusal to accept anything but the best outcomes for patients. I am grateful to have known them through their publication and our communications. And every informed, intelligent woman in this world appreciates all they have done to educate patients and physicians about breast augmentation. Thank you!

|  Pilot  |  show details
by Nancy D on May 26th, 2013

Absolutely the best there is to offer From The start to the finish , everything was perfection Dr Tebbetts is everything and more in a professional Wouldn't go anywhere else

|  Dr. Tebbetts creates the BEST BREAST!  |  show details
May 16th, 2013

Dr Tebbetts is WONDERFUL! He did my BA and I could not be happier. I was a little nervouse about what size I was going to be (didn't want to be too big), but his 5 point measuring system was spot on and I am stoked about the results. The entire office impressed me with their friendliness, promptness, and care. I highly recommend Dr. Tebbetts to anyone looking for a fabulous result.

|  pleased  |  show details
by Paula Lewis on May 3rd, 2013

I went in because I wanted my breasts to be restored to a more youthful, pre-baby appearance. After having and nursing my three boys I wasn't happy with the deflated, shrunken appearance of my breasts. I emailed Dr Tebbetts office and got a reply almost immediately. Everyone is so friendly there. I received information and a book in the mail and said I would contact them when I was ready. Took me two months but, I emailed back and set up an appointment for consultation. Had my surgery two weeks later and nearly two weeks post- op I am very pleased. they are exactly what I wanted. I fill out my clothes again. Yea! Everyone says they look like I was born with them. Many of my girlfriends are now considering the surgery too.

|  Amazing experience just as advertised!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2013

I flew from Oregon to Texas based soley on the research I had personally done and the quality of interactions between myself and Dr.Tebbetts office. 24 hr recovery is completely real. If you are wanting to get back what you once had only better with minimal recovery time you must see Dr.Tebbetts. I had surgery at noon and by 7 pm that night I was shopping and eating a great dinner with nothing but advil on board. I actually felt great too! Everyday just gets better. The day after surgery we walked all over the stockyards and even got to go to a bull riding championship. Dr.Tebbetts made us feel so comfortable and spent quality time with us so that we really understood the process. His staff is knowledgable and very professional along with being incredibly friendly. It truly was a pleasure.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by K.H. on Apr 12th, 2013

I was highly impressed by the entire process from start to finish. I had not ever had any plastic surgery done prior to this procedure and Dr. Tebbetts and his wife Terrye and the office staff (especially Kari) were extremely patient and reassuring with multiple questions I had. I felt confident after reading Dr. Tebbetts book on breast augmentation and I had no doubts going into surgery under his care. Now seven days out, I am more pleased than I ever thought I could be. Like others, I too was out and about just hours after the surgery. I also worked the next day with no problems. My only regret is not doing this procedure sooner!

|  Still the BEST!!  |  show details
by Annette C. on Mar 25th, 2013

I had my breast augmentation done 23 years ago from Dr. Tebbetts. I would still have them if it weren't for the left breast rupturing. Never had a single problem with them. We found the rupture during routine mammogram. Everyone thought they were my real breasts. Hard to believe since I live in Orange County, CA and augmentation out here can be seen from a mile away. Most of the BA out here look, feel fake. You will never get that from Dr. Tebbetts. He is a perfectionist and makes you look perfect. That's why I flew to Dallas to have him remove and replace my implants!! I would NEVER trust anyone else to touch me!! If you want the best go to the BEST! It's your body the only thing you have for the rest of your life!

|  Love Dr. Tebbetts and staff  |  show details
by Stacy on Feb 20th, 2013

I could not be happier with my BA!!! I have been in zero pain! I was walking the mall the night of my surgery!! My breasts look so natural and they fit my body perfectly! Dr. Tebbetts is truly an artist and his wife Terrye is the sweetest most knowledgable person!!!

|  breast augmentation  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Tebbetts from several friends and they were all right, Dr. Tebbetts and his staff are absolutely incredible. I had my surgery five days ago and I was making dinner for my family that night and shopping the next day! I had a little bruising two days ago and called the office first thing in the morning. Terrye returned my call within two minutes and had me send a picture. Even though I knew it was normal, I sent another picture last night at six in evening. Terrye once again called me back within minutes and to ease my mind, told me to come in today. I was in and out in five minutes after being told it was totally normal by both Terrye and the nurse, Betty. The entire process from start to finish was the best experience I have ever had especially considering this was my first surgery. Dr. Tebbetts, Terrye, Betty and Kari are wonderful and I would recommend to anyone!

Feb 8th, 2013

Wonderful experience. Highly recommend!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Wanda B on Feb 8th, 2013

After 20 years of wanting a breast reduction I made the decision at 59 to use Dr. Tebbetts, Terrye Tebbetts and their wonderful staff. My experience with the surgical center was great and I am simply amazed at how great I felt by the end of my surgery day. Dr Tebbetts is professional yet warm and caring. I love his confidence and his years of experience. I'm glad I trusted him. I'm so happy I made this choice.

Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Tebbetts is a true life saver.While out of the country (in Africa) I realized my left implant had deflated and I was of course extremely concerned. I called the doctor's office where I had my original surgery and was never called back my entire time out of country. When I returned I still had a very hard time working with the doctor and his staff and decided I did not need to return to him to fix my problem. Usually doctors do not like to take cases like this where they did not perform the original surgery, but Dr. Tebbetts and his wife listened to my story and very kindly agreed to get me in as quickly as possible.Each and every time I spoke with Terrye or Kari they were very helpful and answered each email quickly. My consultation was great and the next morning I had the surgery to replace both saline implants with silicone. What is most amazing to me was everything that happened post surgery. With my first augmentation I was in bed for 3-4 days, on major pain medication, couldn't shower or do much of anything. When they told me I would be up that night doing normal things and going to dinner I thought there was absolutely no way! But that is exactly what I did. I took a two hour nap, woke up, showered, then went to dinner with my friends! I slept fine and went shopping the next day. It is now day 6 and I have had zero problems. Dr. Tebbetts is not only the best at what he does professionally, but he is also a sincerely nice person. He spent 20 minutes talking with my after the consultation about my family and the trip we were planning.I am so very thankful for Dr. Tebbetts and his staff and hope many women read this review so that their experience can be every bit as stress free and successful!

|  Breast augmentation with a 24hr recovery!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

Had my breast augmentation fri morning 11/16/12. Went home took a nap, woke up then took the prescription ibuprofen (No strong pain meds needed) I jumped in the shower and felt great, no pain! I was out celebrating my bday with my girlfriends that night. Dr Tebbetts promise of a 24 hr recovery is 100% true. Day 4 and My breast are beautiful and feel amazing.

|  would not recommend  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

poor follow up care; office staff-Terrie- does not have the credentials to be giving any medical advice to his patients

|  Patient of Dr. Tebbetts 2006  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

AFter reading Dr. Tebbetts book, "Best Breast" two times and with much hesitation, I decided after 2 years to book an appointment with him. I have NO regrets! The staff and Dr. Tebbetts were excellent. The care given was superbly professional. His confidence radiated and helped me to feel positive about the decision I had made. When I found out that my daughter, 28, had breast implants without consulting me I was terribly disappointed. She had gone to another doctor in another city. Had I known that she wanted this surgery, I would have taken her myself to Dr. Tebbetts for breast implants. I passed his book onto her to read and if she has any problems, I won't hesitate having her make an appointment to see Tebbetts.I will certainly continue with Dr. John Tebbetts if needed. Since 2006, I have had NO problems.

Oct 1st, 2012

I traveled from Georgia to Texas and have to say that my experience with Dr. Tebbetts, Terrye Tebbetts (patient co-ordinator), and all of his staff was outstanding. They were always available to answer any questions I had either by phone or email and was prompt. Love my results and honestly believe that Dr. Tebbetts is one of the BEST Plastic Surgeons in the world. Before choosing a plastic surgeon make sure to check their certifications and their complication rates. Dr. Tebbetts can't be beat!!!!

Sep 29th, 2012

I was very impressed with Dr Tebbetts and his staff. I had a wonderful experience and I received numerous follow up phone calls after my surgery to see if I had any questions and to see how I was feeling. I highly recommend this Doctor to anyone!

|  Awesome, skilled surgeon  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Dr. Tebbetts performed my breast aug last year. He is a perfectionist and approaches the procedures according to precise measurements, not based on what you think you'd like to look like. This is key for looking natural, quick recovery and long lasting results without complications! He is so precise and efficient in the surgery room that my time under anesthesia was minimal and blood loss was minimal, therefore very little bruising and swelling afterward. Never needed more than ibuprofen for recovery. Showered, washed my own hair, blow dried it, and went out to dinner the night of the surgery and felt great. Do yourself a favor and use him if you are considering this procedure.

Jul 30th, 2012

I had my breast augmentation 5 days ago and it was everything I wanted and expected! I would reccomend Dr. Tebbetts and his staff to anyone that wants great results! I could not be happier!!

|  Consultation With This Dr Was Traumatizing!  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

Before even consulting with him I was required to get a mammogram and to pay a consultation fee. I was excited about the prospect of augmentation surgery and went into his office upbeat and looking forward to meeting him. I was left in a room with several picture books to look at. When the Dr finally came in and had examined me, I mentioned that I would like to have the smallest possible implants I could get. (I am small boned and slim and didn't want an obvious change.) The Dr then, in one second, went completely ballistic. He stood up and started yelling, ranting and raving about breast size and how stupid women are and don't know what is best for them. Is shock too strong a word for how I felt? He screamed at me and then told me he refused to do surgery on me and to get out and stormed out of the room himself. I went out to the receptionists desks and was so stunned. My mouth was hanging open. I was sure they had heard everything as he was screaming quite loudly. I said something about his behavior to the receptionist and she just stared at me. I said I want my consultation fee back, which luckily, she promptly refunded to me. Teary-eyed, I sat in my car for quite a while before I was able to drive home. I felt humilitated and abused. I felt like someone had just assaulted me. This was such a traumatizing event, it was over a year before I consulted with another Dr. I still have not had the procedure. The whole thing so freaked me out. I admit, I wondered if it was a sign to not go forward with surgery. Now after reading some of the other comments here, I realize I hit right on his button. He will decide the size...Scary man. I would not want to be unconscious and helpless and under his knife.

|  Honestly Impressed  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

I have read the reviews and wanted to see for myself. Lets just say I went in with an open mind and knowledge of what I wanted. The staff were excellent, Dr. Tebbetts was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He listened to what I wanted and cared about my overall experience. As for the negitive remarks that I read about, I never experienced that with Dr. Tebbetts and I have to wonder if this person is honestly just another one of those "Debbie Downers" that we all know. Or even a "Drama" type personality that nothing is good enough and they are never happy! I know that those people are hard to please and it doesn't matter what you do to make them happy, they JUST AREN'T!!! I just wanted to personally share my great experience along with the many others who have experienced that same! Therefore, don't take my word for it, check him out for yourself!

|  The best of the best  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. Tebbetts is in my opinion the best plastic surgeon available for breast augmentation. I took my time and did a LOT of research on both the procedure and different doctors. When I chose to go to him, I knew I was choosing the best doctor in the world for what I was looking for. His experience, education, and skill are absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't be happier with my results. I traveled about 1500 miles to see Dr. Tebbetts, and doing so was the best thing I have ever done for myself. If you want the best of the best, and are truly not willing to compromise your experience, do yourself a HUGE favor and go see this man.

|  Perfect transformation  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Now 14 months post surgery my results astonish me and my husband although we have also come to take my pertectly natural-looking and feeling chest for granted, in the best possible sense. I am modest and mature and have not disclosed my surgery to anyone else. But several people I've known for years have commented that I'm looking "better than ever" and "more youthful" (?) although they can't put a finger on exactly how. The 24 hour recovery went EXACTLY as advertised. Dr. Tebbetts, Terrye and staff were professional, competent and compassionate. It was well worth traveling 2000 miles to obtain Dr. Tebbetts expertise and I give him the highest recommendation possible.

by Lisa on Oct 25th, 2011

Dr.Tebbetts has the right balance of professionalism and personality. It has been 8 years since my surgery and I couldn't more happy with my results. I highly recommend him and his staff.

Oct 22nd, 2011

In choosing a surgeon for my breast augmentation I searched and searched and searched some more. I chose Dr Tebbetts and his staff because I ALWAYS felt comfortable/ never pressured when I had my first appointment and follow up appts. Dr Tebbetts did an EXCELLENT job with my surgery and Terrye is so wonderful with pt education!! Based on a scientific formula Dr Tebbetts chose the best implant for me that would decrease risk of need for re operation in the future and maintain a beautiful looking breast over the years. I would recommend Dr Tebbetts and his staff to anyone considering breast augmentation!

|  Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tebbetts!  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

I had my breast augmentation in September 2011, and my experience was nothing short of amazing! Dr. Tebbetts and his staff were all wonderful...the 24-hour recovery was exactly that! As for the person who reviewed Dr. Tebbetts and complained that she couldn't choose her size...you know going in that Dr. Tebbetts is going to use his High Five measuring system to choose the size implant that will fit with the least chance of complications! I would definitely say that if you want to go in and "order" your breast size, then Dr. Tebbetts is not the doctor for you. He will do what is logical and best for your body and tissues regardless of what you WANT your size to be. His complication rate is considerably lower than the less than ethical plastic surgeons that will put whatever size implant you want in your body! I personally think that any doctor that practices differently is committing malpractice. I would never recommend anyone other than Dr. Tebbetts (or someone who practices his methods).

Jun 15th, 2011

Here;s my experience with Dr. Tebbetts for breast augmentation. Be prepared for him to make the determination of size of implant based on your measurements. You will have no input on this important choice. I wanted a slightly smaller size but he wouldn't do it. The outcome isn't bad - the measurement system is an excellent guide but I still would have preferred the slightly smaller size. I believe the patient should be able to make some choice within a reasonable and safe range of size. He doesn't care what you think - you have to go along with his decision if he's going to do the surgery. I do believe he's a skilled surgeon. I have seen his nurses but he has not followed up with me even once since the day of surgery. He is completely uninterested in my experience and satisfaction with the outcome which is highly unprofessional in my opinion. I would choose to have augmentation again but would not recommend this doctor.

|  Dr. Tebbetts is very Unprofessional and RUDE  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

Would never ever go back after my consult.

|  Still Fabulous  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

It's been 13 years since Dr. Tebbetts did my augmentation. I have never had anyone suspect that my breasts weren't anything but au natural. I have had no problems, and they are still perky. This Dr. is worth the money...

|  beware........  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2010

There is nothing positive to say about Dr. Tebbetts or his staff. They were rude and unprofessional and after the procedure (breast removal and exchange) I tried to express my concern about how unhappy I was with the outcome and he basically told me to bad and to go find someone else to redo them. He proved to me how he didnt care not to mention the fact that he already took my $6,000.00 plus I lost one month wages. So unless you have all this money to just throw away I would recommend for you to find someone else. Dont be fooled about the fact that he MUST be a great doctor because he has written two books, to me a good doctor will rectify a problem not dismiss them. There are many excellent surgeon out there who will respect and care about their patients and will do what it takes to rectify the problem and make a patient happy . I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  Be warned....  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2009

Just because he has written two books does not make him God, nor does that make him the best plastic surgeon in Dallas. Save yourself from the horrible experience dealing with him and his wife. They are rude and uncaring about what you want and how you feel. Not to mention the fact if you are not happy with the outcome they will not even try to work with you, they will tell you to go somewhere else. He has no problem offending you when your not happy with his work. In the long run it's costing you double the money, stress and time.

|  great surgeon  |  show details
by anonymous on May 28th, 2008

Dr. tebbetts is brilliant with a great attitude towards patients as well. He is honest and, as one might expect since he created an implant!, he knows ALOT about them - the size to use, etc. He shares his knowledge with patients so they can make the best choice...He has pts read his book, the best breast 2 to better understand the procedure- all its positives and negatives...he is great!