Dr. John Thalgott MD Patient Reviews

3.9

November 21st, 2016
One word sums it up. OUTSTANDING

March 24th, 2016
Absolutely AWFUL office staff
No matter what time you set your appointment for - you will wait THREE HOURS to see this doctor. I tried everything, including being the FIRST appointment of the day - and it didn't help! It doesn't matter that you're in pain, you're missing time from work, you've inconvenienced other people to get to this appointment - nothing matters. You will WAIT THREE HOURS. His administrative staff is the ABSOLUTE WORST I've ever had to deal with. They seem to think that if you object to being kept waiting THREE HOURS every time, that YOU are the one who is being unreasonable. No doctor is worth that. There are other doctors. Find one who doesn't treat his patients like cattle.

December 1st, 2015
Excellent doctor. Best spine surgeon in Las Vegas.

October 8th, 2013
Very satisfied
I was very afraid of having spinal surgery, especially at 29 years of age. Dr. Thalgott talked to me and showed me my MRI and afterward, I knew that surgery was the right decision and I felt comfortable with him doing the procedure. My appointment to figure out if I needed surgery was on a Thursday, the following week on Friday, I was on the operating room table. He knew how much pain I was in and got me in really quick. The surgery went well with no complications. At each of my follow up appointments, he answered all of my questions and I was pleased with his level of care. The ONLY negative thing I really have to say is the wait time for the appointments. One time, I had to wait 2 hours after my scheduled appointment to see him and I had to bring my two young children with me. Thankfully, they were well behaved the whole time. I did leave to eat lunch at some point. I understand that he is a great doctor and everyone wants to see him, I just wish they would have appointments on more days rather than just Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am now 99% pain free and so happy!

February 8th, 2012
Will find another Dr.
The wait forthis doctor each time has been well over 2 hours, another hour in the back, and 30 minutes to get medication. I will not go to this doctor again!!!

November 18th, 2011
THE BEST
THIS DOCTOR IS THE GREATEST. I WALK TO DAY BE CAUSE OF HIM AND HIS CARE.

May 13th, 2011
Excellent Surgeon
John Thalgott is an outstanding surgeon. Has flawlessly fixed my wife's back and mine, much different problems. He performed a modified spinal fusion L3 through L5 and has eliminated the piercing pain. Can't say more positive this. the disk at L4/L5 was worn away with some bone on bone.

August 25th, 2010
Bad Experience
He treated my young teenage daughter for scoliosis & prescribed a back brace (that was taken to her appointments) which was bending her in the opposite direction it should have been. He never recognized this, although her brace was with her in the exam room at each appointment. When her curve continued to progress he recommended surgery and his arrogance was apparent when we said we'd be getting a 2nd opinion. Two highly rated scoliosis surgeons saw her & did not feel surgery was appropriate at that time & one of them expressed alarm when we mentioned who had been treating her (I have never heard another Dr. express the concerns he did about another Dr.) For reasons beyond my control, Dr. Thalgott did perform the surgery, after which she spent several days in intensive care (which we were told was normal for this type of surgery). Although she is currently doing ok, we will keep all records in the event of any future difficulties. His arrogance belies his shortfalls.

March 15th, 2010
federal indictments, fraud, malpractice, "medical mafia"
all you have to do is google Thalgott along with "fraud" "malpractice" "medical mafia" and you will get the idea that ot ...

March 10th, 2010
Cutting is the last opion
So many doctor's what to cut on you first visit, DR.Thalgott referred me to several other opions before finally having to do surgury.

October 7th, 2008
Want a Doctor that Cares and Will Listen?
I haven't seen Doctor Thalgott in a number of years although I have seen a number of doctors over the last 20+ years. Of all the doctors that I've seen I would rate Dr. Thalgott as the best, yes, some times you had to wait a while to see him, but isn't waiting a small thing to give if he spends the time to correctly diagnosis and treat your ailments? I say yes....

September 11th, 2008
Intense professional
Dr. Thalgott performed a decompression of the sciatic nerve and fusion of the L 4/5 on me on 6 Sep 01. Was up front and told me "no guarantees after 5 years" I lasted 7 as stenosis is a friend that doesn't go away. I was able to come away from that procedure, retire from 36 years of federal service and was inspired by him enough, along with his urgings, to go forth in a new "retirement" career in medicine. Became a state licensed hospital pharmacy technician and surgical anesthesia technician and did what Dr. T told me to do...stay active and keep moving. Now, I musy go back for a 2nd decompression and a disc implant to once again rid me of sciatic pain. Dr. T has followed me closely for the last 7 years and I am confident that the outcome of my next procedure will reap positive results and allow me to continue to work in my "retirement" career.