Dr. John Thoppil MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 26th, 2016
Best Dr. in Austin
Love him as my doctor would drive out of the way to keep him as my doctor

October 23rd, 2015
Not the caring doctor that they claim
After moving to Texas I've had a very difficult time finding a doctor who I felt comfortable with. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and haven't been able to see my baby for 12 weeks. I found River Place obgyn and thought that I had finally found a doctor. I decided that a good hospital and good caring doctor would be worth the 1.5 hour drive from San Antonio. I went for my first appointment, I was late because of a bad rain storm. I called to let the office know, they told me that as long as I was there by 1:25 I would be fine. I showed up at 1:29 and was told that I was going to have to reschedule. For an office that claims they care so much I haven't seen it. The office staff is rude and snarky and the doctor and his staff clearly don't care. They know how long it's been since I have seen my baby and 30 min (before close because they closed early) would have been plenty of time to see me. I guess leaving before close is more important than patience. Don't waste your time.

April 14th, 2015
Best Doctor !
Dr Thoppil is the best Doctor we have seen. He is patient, knowledgeable and friendly. We strongly recommend him .

December 22nd, 2014
Best doctor I've ever been to. Wouldnt trade him for the world.

May 9th, 2014
It is evident that Dr. Thoppil has a passion for what he does. My husband and I are forever grateful for the level of service he provided us throughout our pregnancy. He is extremely patient, kind, personable, genuine, and knowledgable. We both appreciate his sense of humor as well. His new office is absolutely fabulous - quite classy to say the least. His staff, Tiffany, Estella, and Kristen are always super kind and helpful too.

March 7th, 2014
I've utilized several doctors in the Austin, Round Rock, and Cedar Park area. There aren't ANY that compare to Dr. Thoppil. He is professional, dedicated, caring, knowledgeable, and up to date in new techniques & medical trends. His staff is very friendly and caring! Even if, you have to call and ask a million questions. Let's face it... We don't really "like" to see the gynecologist. But, he makes going to the gynecologist tolerable even in situations that aren't so pleasant sometimes. He answers all your questions without making you feel silly and cares about ALL of his patients (even the big babies like me). That is why he has been my Dr. for over 5 years!! Thanks Dr. T for being such an AMAZING Dr.!!!

November 26th, 2013
Dr Thoppil is easily the best choice.
When I found out I was pregnant I chose to see Dr Thoppil because of his location in proximity to me. I have had nothing but great experiences working with Dr Thoppil and his staff. The wait time at his office is short, the staff is friendly and Dr Thoppil is very knowledgeable and caring. He takes time to speak with you and get to know you, rather than making you feel like you wasted your time, like at other Dr's offices. A few weeks in I decided that I wanted to do an all natural birth and he was very supportive of my decision. He helped set realistic expectations and kept me on track with healthy weight gain. I couldn't have made a better choice going with Dr Thoppil and would recommend him to anyone!

October 6th, 2013
Caring & Compassionate
I would recommend anyone to Dr. Thoppil. He is very knowledgeable & has been great for my OB care. He was a recommendation of my fertility doctor & I am happy I found such a compassionate & caring doctor for my prenatal care.

August 19th, 2013
Dr Thoppil is a great doctor the office and staff are great. I started going when I found out I was pregnant and they have been very attentive and helpful through the whole thing. I had a bad experience with my first child and they did everything they could to make this pregnany and delivery an ease, everything went great and I would definitely recommend him

July 13th, 2013
great customer servise. he cares about his patients. he's very kind, and patient. he spends time with me, getting to know, and also educating,; which most doctors don't do.

June 12th, 2013
I love this doctor and the staff
I never take time out to do things like this but I feel I must. I have had a baby before and my experience was nothing like this. I feel so at ease in the office. They work with me and my sometimes mood swings. They are patient and it feels like I have always known the staff and doctor. I had a tragety with my identical twins one pased and I could see the honest worry and need to comfort me from the doctor and staff. A lot of doctors I read about have lost their personal touch patients, well not Doctor Thoppil. I would recommend him to everyone and especially new moms or people who have had a bad experience because he will totally make up for it. The staff gave me a banana the first day from her own lunch because I was so hungry. This is just a great office.

May 3rd, 2013
best doctor and staff
Today I went and got the mirena and he's very informative about every new birth control I try, unlike other doctors. He and his staff actually talk to you about your personal life and make you feel comfortable about everything! Love him , its always great to go see him.