Overall Review

December 1st, 2016
Very approachable, professional, and thorough. He is likeable and gives full and clear explanations of what you need as a patient.

October 31st, 2016
Excellent physician whose office runs like clock work.
I have found Dr Thurmond to be friendly, knowledgable and quite ready to discuss your medical problems and questions. He is also a doctor that doesn't just pass out "pills", he carefully considers the positives and negatives of medicine before proscribing. I find him and excellent physician.

August 3rd, 2016
Went yesterday Great Doctor and staff.

February 17th, 2016
Best Doctor
Every Visit to Dr. Thurmond's office is like a visit with family. He makes you feel welcomed and comfort and listens. His staff is the best very friendly. I recommend Dr. Thurmond to my family and friends. He is an excellent Doctor and his personal care for his patients is the best I have ever encountered.

November 2nd, 2015
Best Doctor
Dr.John is the breed of Doctor and confidant that anyone would love to have as their caretaker for life. He exceeds all expectations and have remained so for over a decade. Highly recommend for any age female or male. Friend for a lifetime. Servant's heart. Great staff. No disappointment. Trustworthy and knowledgeable‼️

March 10th, 2014
I have been very pleased with Dr Thurmond. My husband and I both go to him he is very thorough and caring. It was a great improvement over our last few Doctors.

April 20th, 2013
A doctor who cares!
I don't write these reviews, until I see a rating that is misleading. Dr. Thurmond has been my physician for about 5 years. He seems to really care, and consistently gives me an accurate diagnosis. He is not hesitant to say if a specialist's analysis is required. Under his care, my triglycerides went from dangerously high, to within normal limits. I considered it an "Aha" moment when I found him. I couldn't be happier.

March 14th, 2012
Surprised
I was surprised and actually shocked to read the negative comments at thie site.I actually 'inherited' Dr. Thurmond when my doctor left the area and have been nothing but pleased, that was more than 8 years ago. He is the primary care physican for my immediate family and has take care of several of my extended famiLy members To say that he doesn't take time to listen to your concerns I fine just the opposite. Same as over medicating. He was responsible for getting my Mom off several conflicting drugs when I moved her here from out of state. Same with my sister-in-law who has several major medical issues. She experienced a complete turn around in her health within three months of seeing him. I have been very impressed with how readily he calls in specialist when needed. The fact that Jody, his medical assistant has been with him for so long adds to the personalized care I always experienced.

August 31st, 2011
After seeing him for a few short months, he had changed all my meds and had me taking a combination of 5 or 6 hypertensives. I got so bad I couldn't get out of bed. When I went to a specialist for melanoma, they were appalled at the meds I was taking. I am now on 1 pill a day. I believe I stayed with him I would have died of toxic overdose.

July 12th, 2011
He is great at a simple dianosis, but go to someone else for problems that are a little more difficult.