A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Tis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tis, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Tis graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Tis has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Edgar Tis MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 17 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. John E. Tis practice?
- Dr. John Tis has 6 office locations.
Dr. John Tis practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Baltimore, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Columbia, MD and Odenton, MD.
See Baltimore Orthopedic Surgeons.