A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Townes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Townes is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Townes, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Townes graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Townes has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospitals And Clinics
- OHSU Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Townes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John M. Townes practice?
Dr. John Townes practices Infectious Disease near Portland, OR.
See Portland Infectious Disease Doctors.