A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Townes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Townes is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Townes
HIV / AIDS Patient Education Read our patient education guide and learn about AIDS and HIV symptoms as well as how to diagnose this serious disease which attacks your immune system.Before Visiting Dr. Townes Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Townes, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Townes graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Townes has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospitals And Clinics
- OHSU Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Manchester Townes MD is a male Infectious Disease Specialist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. John M. Townes practice?
- Dr. John Townes has 1 office location.
Dr. John Townes practices Infectious Disease near Portland, OR.
See Portland Infectious Disease Doctors.