A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tyner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Tyner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tyner
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tyner, MD is board certified in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Aortic Diseases
- Thoracic Surgical Procedures
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Tyner graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tyner has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Tyner MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Tyner practice?
- Dr. John Tyner has 14 office locations.
Dr. John Tyner practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA and Santee, CA.
See La Jolla Surgeons and La Jolla Cardiothoracic Surgeons.