A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tyner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Tyner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tyner
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tyner Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tyner, MD is board certified in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Aortic Diseases
- Thoracic Surgical Procedures
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Tyner graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tyner has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Tyner MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Tyner practice?
- Dr. John Tyner has 1 office location.
Dr. John Tyner practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near La Jolla, CA.
See La Jolla Surgeons.