A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Um:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Um is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Um, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Um graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Um has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Bryanlgh Medical Center
- The Nebraska Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Um accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 10 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan