A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Um:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Um is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Um
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Um Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Um, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Um graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Um has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Bryanlgh Medical Center
- The Nebraska Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Y Um MD is a male Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Y. Um practice?
- Dr. John Um has 1 office location.
Dr. John Um practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Omaha, NE.
See Omaha Surgeons.