A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Um:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Um is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Um, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Um graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Um has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Bryanlgh Medical Center
- The Nebraska Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Y Um MD is a male Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John Y. Um practice?
- Dr. John Um has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Um practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Omaha, NE.
See Omaha Surgeons.