A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Underwood graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock.More Education & Awards
Dr. Underwood has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Doctors Hospital of Shreveport
- Christus Schumpert Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Underwood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Underwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John G. Underwood practice?
Dr. John Underwood practices Internal Medicine near Shreveport, LA.
See Shreveport Internists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Underwood, Dr. Deshawn Underwood, Dr. Jan Underwood, Dr. Hank Underwood, Dr. Shayne Underwood, Dr. Shane Underwood, Dr. Jackie Underwood, Dr. Giovanni Underwood