Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
11824 Southwest Hwy
Ste 200
Palos Heights, IL 60463
708-923-1919
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 10th, 2014

I love Dr. Mac! And the nurse practitioner is great as well, I'd recommend them both to anyone. Dr. McInerney really knows his stuff,, and he spends a great deal of time with patients at every visit, which is why the wait is so long. I have waited hours to be seen before, which I do feel is ridiculous. But, that's how I know he is a great doctor, because he is well-known, and others want to schedule with him too. I, too, have had problems with the office manager, who is also his wife, so I guess I understand why he hasn't replaced her yet. I just take everything she says with a grain of salt and try to ignore her when I'm there for a visit. Regardless, Dr. Mac has been a wonderful doctor and the nurse, nurse practitioner and office staff are always friendly and helpful.

Mar 12th, 2014

Dr. McInerney is a wonderful doctor! Definitely recommend him but try to schedule an appointment when his crazy office manager is NOT there!! The lady is so incredibly unprofessional, ignorant, stupid and rude! She has no medical background yet gives out medical advice all the time, and then is constantly contradicted by the intelligent people in the office, like the doctor or nurse. I have heard her talking and gossiping about other patients on several occasions while sitting in the waiting room. She forces her opinion down your throat and goes on and on regarding the new healthcare law and abortion,etc. Its like shut up already you blubbering fool! She also talks down on Christ hospital constantly which I do not understand considering Dr. Mac is on staff there. If you can afford to put up with this unprofessional crazy lady, then by all means schedule with Dr. McInerney because he really is a great doctor. Its just a shame that he has this fool hurting his business and reputation. He certainly needs to make some changes and get a new office manager. Oh, and also be prepared to be STALKED if you don't schedule appointments as soon as she would like. I received several cards and calls from 'Cabrini' the office manager, asking me to schedule. I never returned her calls because it was annoying and creepy.

Jan 13th, 2014

Reason I gave 5 stars for ease of appt. because Office badgers you to come in! After my baby was born, received a call 1 week later by Office manager, asking how I felt and did I make my 6 week follow up! Um no I just had a baby! After 6 week was sent a card to schedule annual. Followed by phone call (s)!! I began to wonder if I was his only patient, or being STALKED! Dr. McInerney is a great doctor! Nurse was nice/ professional Office staff, friendly, but I switched drs because of The "office manager"! She is so unprofessional!! After having to sit in the waiting room for many months while waiting to be seen for my ob visits I wanted to scream! Listening to her jibberish was UNBEARABLE! I was asked by her almost EVERY time if I registered at the hospital, which hospital? Why would I go to Christ Hospital if I didn't have to? give out MEDICAL advice, talk about other patients by name, some whom I actually knew ! I've heard other patients voice their complaints about her also. I get that it's Dr McInerney's wife, but shouldn't she be held to a higher standard? Act more professional, not act like a blubbering idiot?

Dec 27th, 2013

He is a wonderful doctor but the office manager and some of the staff are unbelievable. They are very unprofessional and the office manager ended up giving me medical advice which I do not think is ethical or even legal!! I am considering finding a new doctor because it does not seem like a doctors office, more like a place to socialize. And do not get me started on how the staff have harassed me about scheduling appointments its soooo annoying and even though I asked them to stop the cards/calls continue.

|  Saved my life.  |  show details
by Violet on Sep 20th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Macs for over 3 years now. I actually met him when he was first in practice, he helped my Dr. at the time deliver my son by C-section and then again 5 years later with my daughter. He is a kind and considerate Dr. My mom was diagnosed with cancer 51/2 years ago and Dr. Mac also checked me for the same cancer. Well, I too had cancer and I had a hysterectomy not long after I was diagnosed. He helped me through the passing of my mom and my surgery and recovery like he was a family friend.. He is far beyond my doctor, he is my friend. If you are need a Dr. you can rely on and trust, Dr. Mac is worth waiting for.

Jul 13th, 2013

Dr. Macinerney is only in this business for $$$. Not for the well being of his patients.. It's a family ran practice that gossips about all there patients in front of other people.. The wait time is extremely long. Hours that is.. If you don't agree to what he's saying to you or you challenge a procedure he gets very rude and confrontational.. Definetly not a doctor I want delivering my children..

Aug 8th, 2012

I have been a patient for over 16 years. I have seen him for a number of things, childbirth, breast masses, ablation, and finally a hysterectomy. All completely different needs, and he has been great for all of them . I have referred numerous others to him, they all love him. Yes, the wait can be long, but you aren't shoved form Dr. to Dr that acts like they've never met you before. He is worth the wait for sure.

Aug 1st, 2012

Totally Love this doctor, NP, and office staff. He is a great find old fashion doctor with technogy of the future. Very friendly family office

Feb 7th, 2012

I used to be a patient. Always made me feel uncomfortable. He had suggested a procedure...and when I didn't agree he said "tell my nurse on the way out...if you want to schedule it...I don't care either way"That was it for me.If he treats you that way...go elsewhere.

Jan 24th, 2012

Wait is FAR TOOO LONG!!!!!!!! I am in the process of finding a new doctor where I do not have to wait three hours and where the staff is more professional

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

I have been a patient for over 11 years. Dr. McInerney has delivered both of my children and I have suffered many losses. He has always been compassionate and wanted follow ups to see how I am doing. I think his staff is great. They are very friendly. The wait time is the only problem but I just plan to be there a couple hours and bring a book along. Sometimes I get right in & am out w/ in 45 minutes, but sometimes I've waited in the waiting room for over 90 minutes BUT I feel all of the other positives outweigh one negative.

Jan 9th, 2012

Great experience with the office staff. Dr. Mac always spends the time with you and answer many questions. I'm alittle guilty of not telling the office staff what my appointment is really about. However Dr.Mac take the time with me even though I might of just scheduled an annual appt. So I think I really to blame for the wait . Oh what the heck I waited longer for dinner reservations. I've learn to plan better for my visits . Thanks Dr. Mac

|  Denis, Proud father of a healthy baby boy.  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2011

Dr John V.McInerney is a very caring and very competent OB. My wife was a very high risk patient, and he helped us through every step of the way. He made the right call at the right time, every time. I would recommend him with out hesitation. My wife and I praise him everyday for our beautiful baby boy. All his staff is great as well, many are family members and treat you like family.

Oct 24th, 2011

I transferred in from another doctor during my pregnancy and the wait is extreme. I do agree with the other woman where she said the appointments are too over booked if he saw less patients in the evening it would be much more pleasant and accommodating for the patients. I have a life too and do not want to spend at least a hour and a half at the doctors office.

Oct 18th, 2011

I wouldnt refer Dr. McInerney to anyone. He lacks professionalism. He's arogant with no bedside manners. Being an ex-patient but was a patient for 3 years and having some complications while being 3 months pregant I made an appointment to see him and to share my symptoms that were occuring. He told me he didnt believe that I was experiencing any of the symptoms. What kind of doctor tells there patient that they dont believe there in pain. Not a doctor I can trust, nor is it one that I would want delievering my baby. If you have a problem and he doesnt believe you well expect no treatment from him. His office staff are ignorant too. Its all about money to him. He overbooks patients to have more in a day so your wait time is well over an hour or so. There much better doctors that care about there patients well being. Not Dr.Mcinerney

Oct 16th, 2011

I have waited almost two hours to be seen and even then the doctor has been called out. Pregnant patients will always be seen before anyother patient I need a doctor who is willing to see a variety of patients which is I transferred. Good luck to any future patients who are willing to spend AT LEAST a hour in the waiting room.

Sep 24th, 2011

Office Manager is extremely nosy and gives out medical advice even though I don't think she should be doing this. Doctor is great but too long of a wait for me and find the staff, especially the office manager, to be extremely irritating and not very professional whatsoever. The office manager is always putting in her two cents when not even asking her, and goofing around.

Jul 1st, 2011

Amazingly great doctor!

Sep 4th, 2009

He's very attentive and always gives 110% to me when I go for my appointments. I have been a patient of his for over 13 years and would never dream of using another Doctor

Aug 1st, 2009

Dr. McInerney is very personalbe, he always greets you with a smile and a handshake. He listens intently and offers thorough advice. I routinely recommend him to friends. I have been a patient for 14 years.

May 4th, 2009

Dr. McInerney is a great doctor. He really takes his time during your visit to answer any questions & provides you with all the information you need. Dr. McInerney really shows that he cares for his patients & loves what he does. His staff is great as well.

Apr 9th, 2009

as intelligent as he is kind. Very comfortable environment, being around staff is like being among friends.