Dr. John Williams MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2016
Unhappy patient
I used dr. Williams for a breast augmentation. I ended up with very uneven beasts. He stated that it was because my breast were uneven before, but yet never discussed this with me before hand.

January 7th, 2016
Worst doctor ever!
Worst doctor ever!!!! He and his staff are only out for money and do not care about the work done!

December 1st, 2015
Horrible! He botched my surgery and refused to fix it!
DO NOT waste your time and/ or money! this was by far the worst medical experience of my life! I do not write reviews often, however this was a necessity! Dr. Williams and his staff have in my opinion, no code of ethics! I am currently a candidate for the show Botched because doctor Williams totally messed up my nose and REFUSED to fix it! True story: I went into his office to have a hump shaved down from the center of my nose that was a result of a wreck. After my first surgery I was left with such severeve disfigurement (shaved too far down in the center and nose completely leaned to one side!) I was immediately scheduled for a second surgery as soon as the swelling went down. After the second surgery I was left with one nasal passage sewn obviously higher than the other in addition to severe breathing problems. I was then advised to receive a third surgery...Because he and his staff had given me such a run around with the first two surgeries, in addition to Being in need of a third operation, I was weary about allowing doctor Williams to preform my third surgery. I felt like there was more wrong with my nose than he was telling me and proposing to fix so At his recommendation I sought another professional opinion. I then had three different consultations with three of the top doctors, in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, two of which were ENTs and specialized in nasal reconstruction. They all diagnosed that in order to fix my nose the entire surgery would have to be redone! (I have the documentation from them to prove it!) doctor Williams not only canceled my appointment that he set to Address the persistent swelling in my nose ( Yes, two years post op my nose is still visibly swollen) he also had his daughter call and tell me that there was nothing that he could do for me and he wasn't going to fix my nose and his lawyer would contact me!!! How rude!!! If anything I could have gotten a lawyer but my life was just too busy to put on he for ignorance! I expected so much more and was so respectful to everyone! The crazy part is that I went to him because I thought that his daughter was beautiful and I knew that he had to have done her work. It moreover proves true that "the prettiest people can be the ugliest inside and are capable of the ugliest things" I even prayed for her son when he was sick but she had no problem treating me so disrespectfully and unfairly!!! Before I posted this review I had been really patient with awaiting correspondence from his office; the week before my 30th birthday I called his office and talked to his assistant and very politely informed her that I was leaving for a trip to Belize for my bday and was wondering if doctor Williams could do anything for the swelling in my nose because I that I would be taking pictures. (Keep in mind that I have never taken pictures since my first surgery because my nose looks so bad!) needless to say he told me that there was nothing he could do for me because it had been so long since the operation and he still would not fix his mistake....my advice to anyone thinking about going here is don't!!! I am currently saving money for a third operation because my nose is still crooked! I will just pray for his sole!!! Please feel free contact me for pictures!!!

March 16th, 2015
I have always battled with my weight my entire life. I made the decision that I was going to get healthy so that I could be a better mother to my children. I worked very hard and lost 70lbs. After loosing my weight, I decided to boost my confidence with a breast augmentation. I did my research and decided to go with Dr.Williams. My first appointment I had to wait over 1.5hours. During the consultation, I first met with Maura.Maura reviewed and educated me on the different types of implants and augmentation methods. Never did Maura and/or Dr.Williams ask me what I was looking for and what my desired outcome would be. We all desire different looks.I felt pressured to do what he felt I should do.I feel like a good surgeon should like to know what kind of look their patient is desiring. I had such a bad feeling after my consult and preop appointment but I decided to still go through with the surgery. I was hoping my nerves were just getting the best of me.Boy was I wrong.I should have listened to my gut feeling!!! After my surgery, I was given pain medication and shoved into my husband's truck for our drive home.I felt like cattle being rushed through so the next case could be started. A week after my surgery I started forming a double bubble. I immediately expressed my concerns and had multiple follow-up appointments. Each time my concerns were blown off. I was very compliant with every post-op instruction and suggestion that was given to me by Dr.Williams and his staff.Fast foward 6 months. Dr.Williams finally listened to my concerns. He decided he needed to do a revision to my right breast to correct the pocket. In his words "the right pocket was too big". During that appointment,he stated that the left breast was perfect and needed no revision. A few days later, Maura sent me my surgery quote.Dr.Williams wanted to revise both the right and left breast. Hmmm...when was he going to inform me something was wrong with the left breast?!!! He wanted to make the left pocket bigger and close the right pocket. Dr.Williams wanted me to pay $2500.00 to correct his mistake.I could understand paying for the revision had I not followed my post-op instructions and/or if I did something to cause the issue. My breast starting showing problems from day one and I expressed those concerns almost on a daily basis by either calling and/or scheduled ANOTHER follow-up appointment only to be blown off again.Why should I pay because he misjudged pocket size?!! Dr.Williams and his staff fail to realize that he is affecting people's self-image. I looked forward to this for so long and worked so hard to loose my weight only to be disappointed. Dr.Williams is cruel and cold. You will only be a number to him and nothing more.He has no compassion and does not care about his patients.

June 25th, 2012
JBP
Had my arm surgery 3 yrs ago. He said could make them look slim and good but would have scars. I opted for the scars. The surgery was a nightmare from the get go! No one there new how to stick a needle!!! Then after surgery they are ready to rush you out. I have to admit the scars are not bad but the surgery was a mistake. He DID NOT remove any skin or fat from my arms and they are exactly as they were before surgery but now have scars! He offered to do a scar revision for another few thousand dollars but as I explained to him, "the scars are not the problem, the results are the problem". He tried to blame it on the fact that I USED to smoke! Get real! He is the worst plastic surgeon I have seen. And yes, I have had great results from my current plastic surgeon nad would never recommend Dr. Williams to anyones dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 25th, 2012
Highly Recommend!
A friend of mine was a patient of Dr. Williams and told me I should go see him too. I saw him a couple of months ago and scheduled my surgery very quickly. I felt so comfortable with him and his staff. I'm really happy with my results. They were very thourough answering all of my questions. There was always someone available to talk to when I called with questions after surgery too. I would definitely recommend Dr. Williams! He has a very professional staff! When I was really nervous on surgery day, all of his OR staff comforted me and reassured me. I knew I could trust them.

January 11th, 2012
Eyelid lift & Ultra Sonic Lipo
Dr. Williams performed a breast augmentation on me 9 yrs ago. They still look fab! Dec 27th he performed an upper eyelid lift along with Ultra Sonic Lipo. I'm am absolutely thrilled with the results on both. I've been told it's taken 10 yrs off my eyes. The lipo results are fantastic. Very painful but well worth it. I've been in the gym but couldn't lose my tummy, inner thigh fat & back fat. My tummy's flat now! So thrilled with his work. Would I recommend Dr. Williams? Absolutely!!!

December 12th, 2011
DO NOT RECOMMEND
This is the worst doctors office experience I have ever had. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Willams to anyone!!!! Please seek a professional!!!

September 30th, 2011
Tummy TUck
I had a tummy tuck about two months ago and I look and feel great. I have had three kids (two by C-Section) and no matter how much I dieted and exercised I could not get my former stomach back. The reason I chose Dr. Williams was because of the before and after pictures on his website. I thought, I want to look like that! His daughters were so sweet and Dr. Williams took his time to answer all of my questions. I must warn you it is a pretty painful procedure even with the pain pump but I thought it was more than worth it. I finally feel comfortable and confident in my tight fitting clothes again. Thank you Dr. Williams!

June 30th, 2011
dr. williams and his staff were really helpful. his office was really busy when i went for my first consultation but they spent a lot of time answering all my questions. i had surgery about a year ago and im so happy with everything. i had a breast reduction. before my surgery i had back pain and i feel so much better today. i chose this doctor after doing a lot of research online. i really liked how his before and after pictures showed ethnic diversity. i really liked dr. williams personality he made me feel very comfortable and he was easy to talk to. i also got to talk a lot with the doctor before and after my surgery. i would definitel recommend him.

June 20th, 2011
I was able to schedule my consult and surgery in a timely fashion. Dr. Williams and his staff were very helpful and kind. I was a little skeptical about seeing a plastic surgeon because I am self conscious about my weight but this doctor was very professional and made my whole experience very pleasant. I am very pleased with my results and their office is always willing to work around my work schedule for follow up appointments.

May 21st, 2011
Can't brag enough
I did my research and chose Dr Williams. It was worth my two hour drive to have the quality I expect! Weeks before I made my consult/preop appointment I had several confronting conversations with his staff via emails. I also work in the medical field and making the patient first priority is extremely important. I from day one felt that all my questions were answered and I was never left with doubt. I love love love my new breast. I've gotten numerous compliments! Even before I got my surgery a friend of mine and family member selected dr Williams to do their surgery when they are ready. Hands down best decision I could have made. .