Urologists

2615 Culver Rd
Ste 100
Rochester, NY 14609
585-336-5320
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 1st, 2013

Dr. Valvo is an excellent doctor. He saved my life. I needed my kidney taken out and he performed surgery on me. He followed up while was in the hospital and made sure I was taken care of. The nurses at the hospital were spectacular. I have never met a doctor more intelligent or caring as he is. I would recommend him to my family and friends. These reviews on here confuse me because the Dr. Valvo that took care of me was phenomenal.

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Bob M on Apr 1st, 2013

Great doctor he knows what he's doing will defiantly recommend him to all my friends and family

|  Surgeon does not get to equal RUDE  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

This man is one of the most rude human beings i have ever met! was assigned to him after emergency in hospital, he couldn't even give us the time of day after the surgery! Was curt, rude, unkind... Not to mention I went into septic shock because he didn't want to come in on sunday to do surgery- after he told us on phone to get to OR quickly as we needed immediate surgery, then he tried to prolong it till monday. Just awful experience.

|  Uncaring  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

He was rude, insensitive and simply doesn't seem to care. I've had nothing but major problems since my minor surgery with him. At my follow up appointments with him he never examined me once, in spite of my pain and concerns. He did not want to hear anything I had to say and practically ran out of the room. I am now seeking treatment elsewhere.

|  No empathy with pain  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Was diagnosed w/cancer and was set up with weekly treatments. Was very blunt when he informed me of my condition. I would have rated "Bedside manner" a 0 if it was available. Since the scoping was so painful, I requested pain meds when I have the weekly treatments and he was very ambivalent about the effect this idea of facing the pain has had on my mental state. Just kept brushing my anxiety aside. Not impressed with him at all. Just hope he knows what he is doing. I haven't slept well since my first visit with him...

Apr 11th, 2012

As a nurse I understand that doctors are busier than ever. Some even seeing up to 60 patients a day in the office. Dr.Valvo is an exceptional doctor. I was satisfied with my appointment with him and his diagnosis was accurate. He did seem in a hurry but who isnt these days. He took care of my problem.

Mar 28th, 2012

This was my first visit here with Dr. Valvo. Walked in asked me what was wrong told him and then told me to take some meds for a month and come back and see him. After he told me that he started walking toward the door and walked out as I was asking him questions. Makes a lot of money and may know his stuff but is a complete jerk. I hope that some day he is stuck in a situation with his health and people wont give him the time of day to answer his questions. Will not be going back, scheduled a follow up with another DR.

|  Accurate diagnosis, poor bedside manner  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

This doctor knows his area of expertise, but by no means does he take the time to listen to his patients' questions or concerns.

May 12th, 2011

I have been Dr Valvo's patient for 4 yrs. I needed to address my prostate cancer and was looking for a solution. PSA 9.8 and Gleason score 3 4. He made no promises but said he thought he could help me while minimizing side effects. He performed robotic surgery to remove my prostate. Pathology result showed it was slightly worse than diagnosed. I suffered no incontenance and mild ED which responds well to meds. I had to have salvage radiation treatment 2 yrs later and now I am cancer free for 2 yrs.I highly recommend Dr Valvo as a very experienced and skilled surgeon.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Valvo is an exceptional doctor. He is very personable and respectable. His skills are great. I would recommend him to anybody who has a urology problem.

|  The importance of second opinions  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2009

Dear Dr. Valvo,I just learned today that the tumor I had treated last Tuesday was, in fact cancerous. I thought you should know in the event you come across a similar case. If we hadnt sought a second and even third opinion, I would still have a cancerous mass growing in my kidney. I wouldnt want that to happen to someone else.As you now know, kidney masses can stop growing for several years and still be cancerous. I hope you have learned from this experience. We certainly have.