Dr. John Vanwoert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 4th, 2015
BEST DOCTOR. STOP LOOKING !!!
This dr was very caring and i highly recommend him for ANY female patient. I had a high risk pregnancy and switched ob gyn 3 times before finding this wonderful dr.

September 26th, 2015
Good doctor
Dr. Van Woert diagnosed a condition that was missed by another doctor. Finally relief and peace of mind. He and his staff are very attentive and made me feel at ease. Dr. Van Woert took time to answer all my questions.

May 27th, 2015
Excellent care
Excellent care for my hysterectomy due to fibroids . bled for 5 years before I got care . Should have done it sooner .

April 22nd, 2015
unreliable and unresponsive
I first went to Dr. Van Woert because I was dealing with infertility issues. I asked about Clomid and he agreed I should be placed on it. This is where the issues began. First, my hormone levels were not checked before I began Clomid, each month I'd have issues with my prescription, it wouldn't be filled or it wouldn't be the correct dosage. After my initial visit I never was able to get an appointment with him or reach him by phone. I was only in contact with his nurse, Debbie. Each month I'd be told the same thing, we're increasing your dosage, continental on the pills. I'd ask repeatedly if I should have additional testing done and the nurse would say no, Dr. Van Woert wanted me to remain on the pills. I was on Clomid for 7 months (only 6 is recommended). I felt so uncomfortable and neglected by this doctor that I switched to doctors in Chicago. I found out that I should have been monitored through the whole process and the likelihood of the 2 cysts I've developed on my ovaries due to this neglect is probable.

January 21st, 2015
Great doc!
Excellent doctor. Takes pride in his work! I never wanted a male gyn but his professionalism and expertise changed my mind.

May 13th, 2013
best doctor
I have been seeing dr for over 11 yrs & would highly recommend him. He is extremely thorough,knowledgeable and spends time wih you until all your questons have been answered.

February 4th, 2013
I love the way he takes his time to answer any and all of my questions. His staff is very caring.

October 22nd, 2012
Bedside manner
If you are a first time mother this doctor is the 1 to see I was very nervous as a first time mom and he made me feel very relaxed and reassured me everything was going to go fine. This doctor makes a difference. I would suggest this dr especially if its your first time being pregnant and you're terrified!

September 12th, 2012
Wonderful, Caring, Empathetic
Dr VanWoert has been my Dr for over a decade. He has been my Dr for all but 1 of my pregnancy's and seen us through the joyous births of my children and through the sadness of my losses. He has a wonderful bedside manner and really shows concern for his patients. I have so many positive things to say about this Dr but since I'm not about to write a book, go see for yourself.

July 14th, 2012
Please, Please do not use this Dr. He is arogant, tryed to play god, does not return phonePlease don't use Dr. vanWoert. Think twice. Do your research!!!!!

March 1st, 2011
He is amazing !
Dr. Vanwoert is a very caring OBGYN. He has a bedside manner that is hard to find these days. He delivered my first child 5 yrs ago, as a stand in OB. I have been with him ever since! I've had 2 other pregnancies since then to which one was a miscarriage. Dr. VanWoert helped me get through a very painful time, which made my last pregnancy a breeze. I hope he never leaves the area.

December 9th, 2010
CHOOSE WISELY!
Early care from this doctor was ok. However, later in my pregnancy there were complications that he knowingly did not share with me or my husband. Dr. Van Woert had no problem submitting this information to another hospital where I was rushed to for an emergency delivery. If I was told of these complications early on, there might have been a chance our child may have survived. I was told everything was still going good even though ultrasound images indicated a severe problem. When we asked to see the ultrasounds for ourselves, we were denied, which made us wonder why. We just hope that no other expecting mother has to go through the same physical and emotional distress that we did. There are many other top rated obstetricians out there that we wish we would have considered instead.