Dr. John Vermillion Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Vermillion?

Posted on October 4th, 2017

Compassionate and highly skilled

Office visits and surgery

Posted on September 19th, 2017

I've never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes for an appointment. Staff is very knowleldgeable, thorough and friendly,

Compassionate doctor

Posted on January 21st, 2016

Very caring Doctor. Does not rush visit. Take time to talk to you and explain procedure thoroughly. Answers questions. Very reassuring.

Rude/Inattentive Staff

Posted on December 8th, 2015

The office visit was horrible. I did not meet with the surgeon prior to my surgery. The first time being the morning of surgery. The office staff was rude and did not listen to my concerns as they were trying to briskly get through my appointment and on to the next. I would not recommend this location based on the staff alone.

Posted on November 13th, 2015

Saved my son's life

Posted on October 6th, 2015

He is the best.

Thankful & Relieved Patient

Posted on August 25th, 2015

As someone who's had numerous surgeries performed by multiple doctors, I can easily say that Dr. Vermillion was by far my favorite. I never once felt rushed during any of our appointments and he took careful time to fully explain the procedure as well as answer any and all questions. He immediately puts you at ease when he first enters the room; his beside manner is above and beyond. His staff is also wonderful - they are sweet, courteous and take their time as well - except for one nurse (nurse, not NP or any of the medical assistants). She seems bothered to have to waste her time answering questions or even performing the smallest of procedures - that is until she's in the room at the same time as Dr. V. Then she puts on a show on a show "genuine concern". And my deepest thoughts go out to you if she's the nurse on your case if you have to phone in a question or concern. She's quick to chastise you on the phone . . . that's if she can even be bothered to call to you back. But don't let Nurse B. be a deterrent - Dr. V is definitely a stand up fella and a fantastic surgeon and the rest of his staff an absolute delight.

Posted on March 4th, 2015

I went to the emergency room in Prattville several times they couldn't find anything wrong sent me home I went one more time b/c the abdominal pain was horrible and finally one of the doctors in the emergency room saw something, sent me by ambulance to Montgomery Dr. Vermilion did emergency surgery and had he not done that there was a great possibility that it could of been fatal! T-U dr. V

Top Notch Care

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Dr. Vermillion basically saved my life. I was having typical gall bladder pain and problems that intensified very quickly. The first doctor looked at the images and said "Oh, everyone has gall stones...you'll be fine!" My PC doctor was unhappy with this response and said he was sending me to Dr.V for a second opinion. Dr. V looked at the same images and said that yes, I did have stones. But he said that what bothered him the most was that the opening to my gb was very large...looked like a seventy year old woman's instead of a 35 year old. He told me that sometimes a stone will pass and 'possibly' get stuck in the ducts, etc. and cause more problems if not found. So to make a long story short ;) , Dr. V found 13 stones stuck outside of my gall bladder. Had he not noticed that small detail that the other doc missed, I could have very easily gone septic, which can be fatal. He was my hero, I can tell you that much!

Best surgeon EVER!

Posted on January 13th, 2015

Dr. Vermillion has performed numerous successful surgeries on my husband and we trust him with his life. Dr. Vermillion discovered my husband's colorectal cancer and we have consulted with him over the years on various issues relating to his health. When it was not within his specialty, Dr. Vermillion referred us to great surgeons who could and did help us and set everything up for us to get there (they were out of town). In instances where major or minor surgery is required for my husband, we personally request Dr. Vermillion. I thank God for his competence and compassion.

Posted on December 23rd, 2014

10.7.13

Posted on October 9th, 2013

I came to the ER with acute abdominal pain. It was determined I had appendicitis. Dr. Vermillion talked to me about the surgery and all went well. When I went back to the office for a check-up, the entire staff was wonderful. Dr. Vermillion also worked me in that day to remove a skin cancer. He genuinely cares about his patients and his staff was top notch. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Vermillion.