Dr. John Villa Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Villa?

September 21st, 2016

Incompetent

Dr Villa saw my dad on consult while he was hospitalized. I can't believe how unprofessional he was during a very serious condition. I would never allow this doctor to treat any friend or family member. I am appalled at the care given by this doctor.

April 3rd, 2015

My 82 old father is hospitalized now. He was seen by Dr Villa few days ago , after trying to get an appointment for 2 weeks . When he finally got in to see Dr Villa , for severe wheezing and unable to breath w/o oxygen tank ... Dr Villa , superficially examined my father and sent him home , to use Mucinex ( an over the counter drug ) to thin out the mucus in his lungs ?!? Well... He is now hospitalized , w severe yeast build up complications . They finally did a bronchoscope ... And he is on the road to recovery ., we hope . I have been a long time volunteer for cancer patients at MD Anderson for a very long time . (10 yrs) Therefore, I've had my share of exposure to many doctors as well as being married to a cancer reconstruction surgeon ... But my father's experience w Dr Villa is unacceptable . My father was gasping for air and had 83-85% oxygen saturation when he went to see Dr Villa !!! How any pulmonary doctor can send home a very sick elderly man ... W mucinex , Is beyond my understanding ?!?

August 16th, 2012

Good experience

I had a nice experience; the doctor wil lask lots of questions and will listen to you. He told me all the possibilities for treatment and asked me which treatment I'd like better. The only problem was I had to wait a lot the second visit. Overall is worth the wait.

July 25th, 2011

Do Not Use...extremely focused on himself, doesn't listen and no empathy

This doctor didn't provide any sympathy or indication that he cares about me and my struggle with sleep, which I've had my whole life. He cut me off numerous times with quick answers to explain away all of my problems. Very unrealistic goals and won't listen to your feelings!

June 27th, 2017