Dr. John Viola MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 26th, 2015
Update of Sept. 23 Post
Well it turns out that I have 5 bulging discs and 2 compression fractures on my vertebrae. This was found out easily by the new doctor I found. Dr. Viola and Martin Memorial Back & Spine Center turned me away and said they couldn't help me. When I asked to see the Pain Management dr. there, I was told I would get a call back....no one ever called. They are absolutely terrible.

September 23rd, 2015
Terrible doctor, stay far away!
Terrible doctors, an utter lack of communication. Like the majority of people, I read reviews on doctors before making an appointment, that is why I'm writing this--to warn people. I went there for back and spine problems, couldn't even see the doctor, just the nurse. She told me I had to go to physical therapy and once that was completed THEN I could see the doc. So I went to physical therapy for 3-4 months, I was getting absolutely no relief so I called and asked if I could finally see the doctor. The secretary told me that there's nothing the doc can surgically do, so I just have to live with my debilitating pain. They didn't even have decency to call me and let me know! The only reason I found this out after months of expecting to see the doctor is because I called THEM! Then I asked "well, if he can't do anything about it, can I see the pain doctor?". She said she would write a note and report to me what his decision was.....never heard back. Terrible. Avoid this doctor and this place.

May 12th, 2015
Finally Pain Free
After 2 years of debilitating pain, I'm finally pain free!!!

February 24th, 2015
Don't expect a call back unless you have major surgery that costs a lot of money...Very unprofessional!

July 12th, 2011
Back surgery
Back surgery was something that made me very nervous, but Dr. Viola was amazing. He explained clearly what was causing my back pain, his opinion on the best treatment, and what other available treatments were. He went out of his way to schedule a next day surgery due to the severity of my condition, and did an amazing job in the operating room. After months of not being able to walk properly due to severe back pain, I was able to walk out of the hospital hours after surgery. After months of taking prescription narcotics to help alleviate pain with little success, I did not need pain medication for my back pain after 2 days post op. I would absolutely recommend this physician to anyone. I was concerned that my life was never quite going to be the same following my back injury, but with the exception of taking better care of it, my back has not caused any further significant problems for me, and it has now been 3 1/2 years and I attribute that success to Dr. Viola.

March 24th, 2010
HAD DECOMPRESSION LUMBAR LAMINECTOMY L2-L5. SEVERE PAIN DOWN BOTH LEGS. PAIN GONE IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPERATION. cURRENTLY PRACTICING MARTIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL STUART FL